wheelHorse 312-8

wheelHorse 312-8

wheelHorse 312-8

Hello,
I am new to this forum and would really appreciate someone's help.
I have a 312-8 with a broken deck.
Someone is selling a 48" deck off of a D200 model but I am not sure if it will fit on my tractor and don't want to drive 120 miles in each direction to pick it up and find out it doesn't!

So that is my question, will a 48" deck off a D200 fit on my 312-8?

(He was not able to get a serial Number off the mower deck)

Thanks

64s

No the d-series decks don't interchange.  But there a plenty of decks that will fit (I think any year from the early 80's to 2000's).  Someone here probably has one, just put an ad in the wanted section.

slammer302

you will need a deck from a C-series or 300-400 series 42'' side discharge or rear discharge would work good a 48" deck will work too as long you keep your grass mowed regularly I think a 48" deck can be alot for a 12hp but my  dad used a 48" deck for awhile on a c-121 and it worked fine but he did say it was a little bit too much in the thick grass  

daveoman1966

The 48" deck from the D series will work.  It is, after all, only one of THOUSANDS that were stamped with very little difference.  You will only need to swap-over SOME of the Tach-o-Matic lift hardware from your C series deck and bolt it onto the D series....not much to it.  HOWEVER..... the D series deck uses the older Double D spindle-pulley-blade configuration and the replacement parts for that style are becoming scarce, if available at all.  To preclude issues with that, if you want, you can even move the spindles, pulleys, belts and all from your C series onto the D series deck with very little complication.       
I'm not saying it is an immediate hook-up directly.  If you can turn a wrench, you can swap over the hardware and it'll work fine.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• cbj75
      By cbj75
      I have a 1975 D200 Wheel Horse with front mount dozer blade, package includes Wheel Horse Dump Trailer, 48" belly mower side discharge, Wheel Horse front and rear wheel weights, turning brakes, rear PTO and 3-point to 2" receiver attachment, and Brinley twin disc harrow. Rear luggage/rack carrier, All refurbished, sandblasted and painted Ford red in 2016. Lots of extra Wheel Horse parts included.

Package price $3000.00.

Bryce Johnson
      102 Anglers PT
      Mc Cormick SC 29835
      913-638-6788

IMG_1962.HEIC IMG_1965.HEIC IMG_0279.HEIC

• tallen4392
      By tallen4392
      looking for rear weights  12 inch  close to 01077 zip maybe fits also let me know what you have  Thanks
    • Duramax7man7
      By Duramax7man7
      Very Solid tractor!

Newer Agro Tires on Rear and Solid Front Turf Tires. Wheel Weights on rear. Fully Swapped Forward Swept axle off of 520h. I ran my 60" Deck on this tractor for over a year with no issues. 
      Deck it solid top to bottom with no rot and newer blades. Belt and Pulley are good to go! 
      She's just a little dusty and needs a cleaning. Can get a nice Seat a Tractor Supply. 

$1175 OBO   -POOS

(248) 9for3-8six3four Text or Call. I do not visit this site enough. God Bless. 

NEW SEAT INSTALLED ON THIS TRACTOR! Started it up and ran it for a while yesterday... Forgot how nice this thing is. Tempting to keep it but it's time to send her one her way. GREAT TRACTOR! 

• Brockport Bill
      By Brockport Bill
      48" Mower Deck - Side Discharge model # 78361 -- # 312000163. This mower is listed as being manufactured at the near end of Wheel Horse production for this deck in 2012. This mower is in very good condition used only one season on small yard. Well cared for and stored indoors. The deck has double right side pulley for optional bagger attachment. Any owner who cares for this mower will have a great investment of a classic WH deck to last decades. Cash pick up Poughkeepsie, NY area. No returns. Please send p.m if interested

• jmack
      By jmack
      What’s the correct v-belt size for a xi drive belt connecting to a 60” deck?  

Just shredded mine today.