edwroy

Hi all,

Question - does anyone know what decals were on the Ark 550 loader?  I know there is a 550 on each side of the arms and a caution decal on vertical post. Any others?

Thanks

Edwroy

WNYPCRepair

I was trying a Google image search, and found this:

ARK_550_SET__17311.1439312737.1280.1280.

Otherwise, this is about the best picture I could find so far

Screen_Shot_2015-08-30_at_8.58.34_PM.thu

• Like 4

edwroy

Thanks - I actually sent Redo Your Horse the pics from my loader and they created the decals. They look great. Does anyone know if there was a Wheel Horse decal on the front cross bar?

Thanks,

Edwroy

WNYPCRepair

I saw pics of some that did

Like this one

loader.thumb.jpg.439455062bdf6529d4c2f26

Edited by WNYPCRepair
  • Like 2

roadapples

Yes to the front cross bar decal

• Like 2

MalMac

I don't believe I have ever seen a Ark 550 on a Wheel Horse that was bought through Wheel Horse with the 550 decal on the side. I am not saying this is 100%. The only decals were the Wheel Horse across the front and the yellow warning on the left upright, and some of those were white. Now if the loader was bought through some other means they had 550 on them.

• Like 1

WNYPCRepair

I don't believe I have ever seen a Ark 550 on a Wheel Horse that was bought through Wheel Horse with the 550 decal on the side. I am not saying this is 100%. The only decals were the Wheel Horse across the front and the yellow warning on the left upright, and some of those were white. Now if the loader was bought through some other means they had 550 on them.

I never found a picture of one that had both stickers either. To be fair, very few pictures had stickers at all though But the ones I saw that Had WH across the front didn't have the 550, or any other sticker on the arms, just the caution

AMC RULES
Originally, there's evidence...
mine had the 550 on both arms...
but no
:wh: across the front.   :handgestures-thumbdown:
2015-09-05_001_002.thumb.JPG.1f202b6d32b

Edited by AMC RULES

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• PWL216
      By PWL216
      About a year ago I bought a C-121 auto with the intention of using it as my go-to mower. Shortly thereafter I got a great deal on a low hour 314-8.  It ran perfect and had several attachments - it became my new go-to mower.  So, I decided to repurpose the 121 to be a front end loader. After purchasing the build plans from P.F Engineering (which are excellent), I realized I couldn’t build it for less than $2k in material. I decided to look for a used one and found a Thompson TC10 local to me, mounted on an “end of life” 1077, for $1,000.  The loader swap itself was pretty straight forward. The only modifications needed were drilling a couple of mounting holes in the tractor frame, grinding away a little of the loader top frame so the hood opened/closed and welding in a new hydraulic pump mount. I have a few things to button up still and the bucket itself needs attention but it’s fully functional. I also bought a pair of clamp-on pallet forks.

I also did a “refresh” of the 121. The total project cost is shown below. Roughly $2,300, with just the FEL itself being around $1,300. 

Tractor
      C-121 Auto $500
      Solid engine mounts $50

Front End Loader
      Johnson 10TC $1,000
      Hydraulic fluid $35
      Spare hydraulic hose $40

Ignition
      Battery $35
      Battery cables $20
      Points & Condenser $20

Fuel
      Carb & Gasket $65
      Electric fuel pump $60 (later removed)
      Air filter $10
      Fuel filter $15
      Fuel line $10
      Spark plug $5

Decals and Paint
      Decals $115
      Paint $30

Lights
      Headlight Lens $45
      LED Headlights $25
      Rear lights $25

Misc $200

• PWL216
      By PWL216
      Howdy. I recently purchased a non-running 1277 with a Johnson 10 Loader from a fellow RS member. I bought it for the loader - to put on my C121, then I figured I’d just get rid of the 1277. Now I’m wondering if I should try and get it running and leave the loader on it. The motor turns by hand. I’ve tinkered with motors but never much more than the basics. The battery that’s in it is labeled 2017, so it probably was in use then.  What’s the easiest option, swap the loader or try and get it running? What would you do? Thanks!

• Workin_Horses
      By Workin_Horses
      Kwikway loader that is currently on my 520H (Tractor not for Sale) with custom quick attach for switching between bucket and custom made pallet forks. The sub-frame allows it to fit some other models as well.

I designed and built the pallet forks and quick attach setup several years ago.  Just remove 1 pin on each side to switch implements.

Forks are adjustable and removable.  2" box receiver built into fork rack

Also included is a custom rear axle suitcase weight bracket that holds up to 6 of the 43lb weights

You can bring a tractor and we can install it on your tractor here or bring a trailer and I can load onto a trailer for you.

Pictured TRACTOR and WEIGHTS NOT for Sale.

• mmmmmdonuts
      By mmmmmdonuts
      With a front end loader for these tractors how important is a ladder type subframe? Does the cross piece in the front have to connect where the towers are? Can the frame where the towers are just mount to the frame and go back to the transmission or is that cross piece critical where the towers mount? Could it be set further back with the same effect or would it not be the same? I know it is important to go back to the transmission so if you hit something you don't snap the frame, but how critical are the cross members?
    • elliot ness
      By elliot ness
      I picked this jewel up yesterday at a John Deere dealer, it's a 224 case ,but it has a 16hp Onan on it, and someone put Power steering on it. It has a few leaks, but runs great. even has a joy stick.