Small Acrage

CDI Box for 92 520H needed

Small Acrage

Can anyone help me find a CDI box for my 520H? It has a 20hp Onan. Here are some of the numbers that I know. tractor id 4120oE01  10778, Made 9270. Onan engine # ???I710955C, Onan Serial# engine 3593680888, Onan part# engine 117261. I left my key in the on position and burnt out the coil. After replacing coil, I still had no spark.

Edited by Small Acrage
More explanation

cheesegrader

Welcome!
I'm not sure I understand what is wrong, but I'll try to help.
CDI box?  I don't know what that is.  (Ignition module?)
41-20OE01 is a '90 model.  '92 would be 41-20OE03, though I don't think there is difference in the electrical systems.
I don't understand how leaving the key in the on position would damage the coil.
If you run a jump wire from the battery to your new coil, will it start?
That is usually the first step in the "no spark" investigation.
THere is a post in the electrical section that is pinned to the top with very useful information on 520 electrical problem solving.

Shuboxlover

I too have left my key on one of my Onans and burnt up the coil...If you elaborate on what you mean by the CDI box, I'm sure I have one for you.

546cowboy

There is no such thing on any Wheel Horse.

Brian01

four wheelers and motorcycles have cdi boxes....I believe he is referring to the rectifier/voltage regulator...which has nothing to do with getting fire...

Check all connections and ground wires, and try as stated above, with the jumper wire. If itsnot getting fire its more than likely a dead coil or lose connection

Shuboxlover

Don't forget the ignition switch, I've had one of those fail out of the blue also!

Brian01
:text-yeahthat: