on1wheelr1

Value of WH 653

on1wheelr1

Good morning.  New to the forum and thanks for all the information you have posted.  I live in Northwest Indiana and I was wondering the value of what appears to be an all original 653 in running working condition.  The only thing that is not working properly is the starter.  It was given to me not running and I cleaned the carb and it fired right up.  So I am contemplating selling or keeping it but curious what it is worth.  Thanks.

IMG_7125.JPG

IMG_7126.JPG

• Like 1

slammer302

I would say any where from 300-500$ range mainly because its a tecumseh powerd horse alot of people won't pay top dollar for it. But i still like them i would also get the wiring straightened out before you sell that will help on the price i noticed it looks a little rigged up in ur pic 

AMC RULES
:text-yeahthat:   Fix your starter, then give it a bath=$400. 
                     :WRS:
  Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 1

stevasaurus

You are in luck.  About an hour from you on the 1st Saturday this October we are having a Meet & Greet at Scott's in Leesburg, Indiana.  Here is the link...
http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/topic/57977-6th-annual-north-central-indiana-meet-greet/
Bring the horse and sell it, or meet the guys and learn why maybe you should keep it.  It is a great group of members with about 200 garden tractors showing up.  Good food, good company...lots to look at.  Welcome to Red Square  :)

• Like 4

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• formariz
      By formariz
      Added the first replica HL-5 today on the 653, the first of a couple of dozen in the works. They are not connected yet, working on a bracket for switch.

• Loganthedoctor
      By Loganthedoctor
      So this is my first wheel horse and i love it. Swapped an old 8 horse on it and it runs great. But the paint was going and rust was starting so I decided to fix that so here are the pics 

• on1wheelr1
      By on1wheelr1
      Good morning.  New to the forum and thanks for all the information you have posted.  I live in Northwest Indiana and I was wondering the value of what appears to be an all original 653 in running working condition.  The only thing that is not working properly is the starter.  It was given to me not running and I cleaned the carb and it fired right up.  So I am contemplating selling or keeping it but curious what it is worth.  Thanks.

• JoeM
      By JoeM
      I need some 653 ID help. Picked this up the other day and started looking at parts etc. There is no model tag just the 653 decal.

A couple of the things that need sorted out are; the rear hubs on the uni drive have 5 lugs. The part manuals show 3 lugs, the transmission seems to be original?? The engine mount appears to be for a Kohler. The original engine was missing.

I am going to just leave the 51 years of love as is and I am going to clean it up, and get it moving with a spare Kohler. I do need the specs of the engine pulley diameter etc. as well as the height above the frame to the center of the shaft as well as the distance from the front of the frame to the center of the shaft.

There a snow blade in the pictures, is it Wheel Horse?

Any help will be appreciated.
      Joe

• zanepetty
      By zanepetty
      Hey guys. I need help finding a steering gear and shaft for my 753. I need it stat! There are a few on eBay that look like they might work but when I ask the seller they don't know can anyone help?? Thanks,
      Zane