Brrly1

Big Ten Football is here and Now

squonk

My wife hands me the remote every night and I put hockey on! :)  :)  

6 month old Schlitz tastes like 60 yr. old Schlitz :)

• Like 2

stevasaurus

That's why you are always pictured at a Bus Stop.  Does the remote have batteries in it??  Does it just control the garage door??  Does it shock the dog collar you have on???  :banana-linedance::banana-linedance::banana-linedance::ROTF:

• Like 4

squonk

I couldn't get the battery to fit so I got a bunch of paper clips and jumpered it to a wall outlet! :)

• Like 3

Brrly1

Sounds rather painful Mike, make sure the power's on by touching the two ends together!! Okay I'm gonna place my picks and go absolutely No where!! Penn St, Nebraska, Wisconsin, IOWA, Michigan and I will take Notre Dame, so that will work for me. Look ma, No Illinois teams!!! Oh that's right there's only one playing and I still didn't take them!
As alway's, Go Hawkeye's

Hawkeye.jpg

Edited by Brrly1
  • Like 1

AJ_Thanatos

I'm still waiting for my bubble to burst. Some of the guys here might start thinking that I know what the heck I'm doing. Ain't so fellas!

Penn State, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan, Notre Dame

Im gonna copy Racinbob this week (Plus he has the best Notre Dame Fonts!) ....  My picks above

• Like 1

Brrly1

Breaking news: It looks like Jerry Kill from Minnesota is retiring for health reasons. I actually thought he was a pretty good coach as I had seen him priar to Minnesota as he coached N. Illinois. He's a pretty cool dude as he got into the dancing with the guys after victories which is something those kids will remember forever

• Like 3

jackhammer

My wife hands me the remote every night and I put hockey on!     

6 month old Schlitz tastes like 60 yr. old Schlitz 

Yes Mike now you got the picture

"Here are the pick 6 " -  :confusion-shrug: say something squonk.

Illinois, ... Nebraska, ... Wisconsin ??? beginning to have my doubts, ... Iowa, ... Michigan, ... Notre Dame,
  • Like 1

squonk

Something.                          How did I do? :)

RMCIII

Breaking news: It looks like Jerry Kill from Minnesota is retiring for health reasons. I actually thought he was a pretty good coach as I had seen him priar to Minnesota as he coached N. Illinois. He's a pretty cool dude as he got into the dancing with the guys after victories which is something those kids will remember forever

This was sad to watch. I watched it live while I was in Buffalo.... Was hard to not cry for the guy. You could feel that he wanted to still coach, but whatever health condition he has, is draining him of his focus on the team. You could sense the love he has for the kids and the team. It was humbling to watch. Several time throughout the broadcast he had to stop because of his emotions. It makes one realize that we are all the same, we put our pants on the same, one leg at a time. We all stand up the same way, we all eat the same way, we all  have the same body functions that need to be dealt with daily. Sometimes we imagine these guys and gals are superhuman, but they are not, they are just like you and I. I get the privilege to stand beside some of the most prominent government officials. Some of the top sports players. Some of the most influential speakers of our time. ALL of them have stories that let me know they are just like me. The only difference is they were in the right place at the right time that helped them with their career. That and a passion to never quit.

RMC

• Like 2

RMCIII

This is RCIII reporting in for this weeks game picks. Believe it or not we have some real nail biters this week. Illinois has been as unpredictable as an October Hurricane in the Pacific. The largest loss came from UNC, after losing that game they went to beat Nebraska, they barley lost to Iowa and it took Wisconsin all 4 quarters to finally put them away. With back to back loses, I look for Illinois to really bring their best going into Penn. State Stadium. Another game to watch will be Michigan at Minnesota. Let's face it, Michigan has been hot! They barley lost to Michigan St. The team with it's new head coach has been the team to watch this season. But with the Wednesday announcement of Minnesota head coach giving up his coaching position because of health reasons, Minnesota will be playing on all heart this game. Could a Gopher actually take down a Wolverine? If ever there was a time that it would be possible, this would be, that time. Finally ND faces the Owls..... The Owls have not had a 7-0 start in DECADES! They managed to crush Penn State with their home opener this season and have not looked back since. They did have a close call with UMASS, but managed to escape that game still with a win, since then they have been on a mission!
So for my picks this week:

Illinois, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan(but this is going to be close), and finally the Owls!

This is RCIII out!

Edited by RMCIII

HorseFixer

PENN ST.
NEBRASKA
WISCONSIN
IOWA
MICHIGAN ~ And contrary to some beliefs it wont even be close! ;)
Notre Lame   Will loose to the OWLS I changed my mind at 11:59 eastern time!

Edited by HorseFixer
  • Like 1

bitten

Penn St.
Nebraska
Wisconsin
Iowa
Michigan
Temple

As always go BUCKEYES

Hodge71

Penn State, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan, Notre Dame. I wish I had a better plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RMCIII

WOW, I had Illinois completely wrong. They got stomped, and what about Perdue handing Nebraska a good ole fashioned beat down! I wonder, will a Gopher take down a Wolverine? With the way I lined them up this week, the probability is good!

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Looks like I picked up 1 game on ya Rob..  :)  .......................so far! 

• Like 1

C-101plowerpower

I dont think picking Illinois worked out to well:roll:

• Like 2

HorseFixer

PENN ST.
NEBRASKA
WISCONSIN
IOWA
MICHIGAN ~ And contrary to some beliefs it wont even be close!
Notre Lame   Will loose to the OWLS I changed my mind at 11:59 eastern time!

Oh I meant to say close as in Horseshoes and Hand Grenades! :lol:   It wasn't even Close!  :greetings-clappingyellow:   Bob I shoulda left ND Pick alone, at the last moment I did some readin of some JIMMY THE GREEK GUY and I thought I would switch and One UP YA This Week and I ended up SREWIN THE POOCH! :ROTF:   Oh Well shoulda left well enuff alone.  ;)

Edited by HorseFixer
  • Like 2

RMCIII

Well, as I said, nail biters! ND and Michigan had all the game they could handle. Those were the 2 closest games I have seen for these 2 teams, to walk away with the win. As I have always said, a win is still a win, in my book. But by NCAA rules there were no "style points" awarded for the winning teams this week! As far as that goes, the style points, in my opinion, would go to Minnesota and Owls! I did gamble this week on a couple of the games! 1 I could not be more disappointed with, the other 2 could have went either way. But in the end, it is always who is ahead at the end of the 4th quarter. But if you are a true sports fan, and 1 that roots for good plays on either side of the ball, you find yourself rooting for both teams in a well fought battle. I know I was on the edge of my couch cheering for both Michigan and Minnesota! Minnesota came so close with the upset, and Michigan used everything they had in their bag of tricks, to edge out the Gophers. In my opinion the Michigan - Minnesota games, was truly the game of the week to watch. Hats off to both teams for what was truly a great football game. 1 team playing for memory, the other team playing for another win. It doesn't get any better than that!

RCIII

• Like 1

Racinbob

Yupper dupper, some tense moments here as I'm sure there was in Niles. I gotta give Temple credit. It wasn't a fluke that they could have won. They are a well disciplined, well coached and fast team. They may not have the individual talent that the 'bigger' teams have but they more than make up for it in determination. The Gophers? Well, in reality they didn't stand a chance on that last play. Harbaugh simply told the defense that Duke would be the defensive coordinator for a week if they let them score. :eek: :wacko:

• Like 5

HorseFixer

Yupper dupper, some tense moments here as I'm sure there was in Niles. I gotta give Temple credit. It wasn't a fluke that they could have won. They are a well disciplined, well coached and fast team. They may not have the individual talent that the 'bigger' teams have but they more than make up for it in determination. The Gophers? Well, in reality they didn't stand a chance on that last play. Harbaugh simply told the defense that Duke would be the defensive coordinator for a week if they let them score.  :wacko:

Skeleton.gif
Hey Bob Happy Holloween!  :ROTF:

By the  way, If that's what he said its OK by me! Hat's off too them, they just played their best game of the year. Michigan was still DRUNK over that fluke loss to MSU. Like I said they are playing the best football they have played in 7 years. Take away that Fluke play To MSU, and a couple stupid  turnovers by Jake Ruddock at  Utah and we are a 8-0 Team. We have a Stable full of QB's when we loose Ruddock next year we have one waiting in the WINGS that has to sit out a year  on a transfer from Huston His name is John "O" Korn He began as the starting quarterback for Houston during the 2013 season as a true freshman after teammate David Piland suffered career-ending injuries.[2] After throwing 3,117 yards and 28 touchdowns as a freshman. No doubt sitting out this year and learning the system under Jim Harbaugh he will perform even better for us. And we have some STUDS being recruited the writings ON THE WALL "GO BLUE"

Edited by HorseFixer
  • Like 1

stevasaurus
RESULTS FOR WEEK #9       WINNING TEAMS...PENN ST. PURDUE, WISCONSIN, IOWA, MICHIGAN, NOTRE DAME

5 WINS AND 1 LOSS.......RACINBOB, JIMD, HODGE71, BRRLY1, AJ
4 WINS AND 2 LOSSES..SQUONK, KOEN, HORSEFIXER, JACKHAMMER, BITTEN
3 WINS AND 3 LOSSES..STEVASAURUS, RMCIII
0 WINS AND 6 LOSSES..PAPAGLIDE  some how he forgot to get his picks in...I hope he is OK.  :)

TOTALS AFTER 93 GAMES

79 WINS AND 14 LOSSES...RACINBOB  :)
78 WINS AND 15 LOSSES...HORSEFIXER
76 WINS AND 17 LOSSES...BRRLY1
73 WINS AND 20 LOSSES...JACKHAMMER, BITTEN
72 WINS AND 21 LOSSES...SQUONK, HODGE71
69 WINS AND 24 LOSSES...RMCIII
66 WINS AND 27 LOSSES...STEVASAURUS, PAPAGLIDE
64 WINS AND 29 LOSSES...JIMD
59 WINS AND 34 LOSSES...KOEN
  • Like 1

RMCIII

Man, for someone who typed a lot of hype, I sure did not perform with those picks! Brrr. I could just say that I made some bad choices, but in reality, I was pretty close on some of the predictions. In my honest opinion, I would rater go down with odds against me, than odds for me! Someone from the Air Force once taught me that. Never go into a battle that you are favored! Always pick the ones that have the odds stacked against you. In those battles it is when people see your true desire and perseverance to overcome ALL ODDS that are against you! I went down this week without a doubt. I also took a couple chances that may have turned around in my favor. Isn't that what life is supposed to be about? Forget about football for a minute. Are we always supposed to walk the easy path or are we supposed to take chances and challenge ourselves? I LOVE sports. I truly do. There is noting I love more than a well played game on both sides of the line. I also love challenges in life and taking chances. Closing thoughts. If you always pick what teams that have the clear advantage, you will never experience the meaning of a true victory.

RCIII out.

HorseFixer

Man, for someone who typed a lot of hype, I sure did not perform with those picks! Brrr. I could just say that I made some bad choices, but in reality, I was pretty close on some of the predictions. In my honest opinion, I would rater go down with odds against me, than odds for me! Someone from the Air Force once taught me that. Never go into a battle that you are favored! Always pick the ones that have the odds stacked against you. In those battles it is when people see your true desire and perseverance to overcome ALL ODDS that are against you! I went down this week without a doubt. I also took a couple chances that may have turned around in my favor. Isn't that what life is supposed to be about? Forget about football for a minute. Are we always supposed to walk the easy path or are we supposed to take chances and challenge ourselves?

Well Steve, that being the case, it looks like MICHIGAN will NEVER play the CIGAR STORE INDIANS AGAIN! :ROTF:   Soooooo RMC  does that mean I should never buy a complete Cherry Tractor? Or should I go with the CHALLENGE and only buy HUNKS OF JUNK?   :eusa-think:  

RMCIII

If you want the honest answer Duke, the path less traveled will always bring about more fruit. Meaning you will appreciate the tractor the most that you poured your labor into. That doesn't mean you don't or won't appreciate the cherry one that all you did was put down the money. But it has been proven time and time again the things you work for are the things you most sppreciate. Choice is yours but the real question would be, "what will I get from this, or what can I learn"?

• Like 2

Brrly1

Duke, quit your whining. Here think about this one? What would happen if Ohio State beats Mich State, and then Michigan beats Ohio State, and Iowa wins out who is playing in the Big Ten championship game?? Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State??? Iowa does everything like they have been they'll be there but who's there opponent??
As always, Go Hawkeye's!!!!

Hawkeye.jpg

Edited by Brrly1
  • Like 1