Pathfinder

1975 C-100 Wheel Horse

pacer
:text-welcomeconfetti:

The whole line of "C" tractors were really nice, and yours does indeed look well cared for --- well maybe not the deck!:eek: That original seat in that condition sure caught my eye - nice! Well, dang, its just a nice looking tractor...
  • Like 4

Wheel-N-It
Like they say; "Wheel Horse of Course"
You made a good choice on that C100
  • Like 3

KC9KAS

Nice looking C-100, and :WRS:

• Like 2

AMC RULES
A nice :wh: choice you made there.  
      :WRS:
  • Like 2

Pollack Pete

Very nice looking C-100.You've been officially bitten by the WH bug.No cure for it.You'll be looking to buy another soon.Have fun with your new toy.

• Like 3

Ed Kennell

Really nice Ceee.    Sounds like you already have the WHA.         :text-welcomeconfetti:

• Like 3

slovinski

Great choice...................you did good!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Horse46

Very nice looking C-100.You've been officially bitten by the WH bug.No cure for it.You'll be looking to buy another soon.Have fun with your new toy.

He's not wrong, I had a C-101 for about 6mths now I also have a C-161 and I still search every other day to see if any more are near me that need to be saved.
That looks a nice tractor. 
Welcome to the forum.

• Like 3

Pathfinder

Thanks everybody for the interest!  I've been doing a lot of cleaning on the old rig. Tons of grease build up underneath the frame.  Better than rust though.  I'm also doing some piece meal painting but not a complete restoration. I need to repair the lower steering bracket due to being cracked in the usual spots.  Carb kit, head gasket, will be up after getting it cleaned up.  I'll be on the look out for a better deck too. We'll see how it turns out. Great site and I'm glad on got a horse, "A wheel horse of course."

• Like 3

Pathfinder

I've been spending way too much time on the wheel horse, but it is addictive.  I took care of the weak factory tie rods and replaced those with the threaded rod and aluminum bushing method talked about on this forum.  The aluminum rod was a bear to fit into the threaded rod, but I got it reamed out.  Spent some time working on the deck repairs too.   Looking for a dial a height knob and a mule drive knob for the front.  Also spent some time painting the seat and panels.  I haven't touched the hood yet and most likely wont.

Tie rod.jpg

The steering gear bracket was also cracked on both sides. I had a welder weld the two pieces back together and I had him put a reinforcement piece in front to make it stronger.

This is the welded bracket.  Hope it helps with the weak spot in the steering system.

20150820_094950.jpg

Edited by Pathfinder
  • Like 5

Pathfinder

One thing I noticed that I was concerned about is the location of the fuel line next to the exhaust part of the muffler.  Seems it is very close.  Any safety issues here.  Everything seems factory.

20150820_222739.jpg

Edited by Pathfinder
  • Like 1

Wheel-N-It
I would try to maintain at least 1/2" of seperation between the gas line and muffler. You should be good with that but do keep an eye on it.
  • Like 1

Brian01

Yes that is factory fuel line location..my Ex Electro 12, that's where the fuel line was located

• Like 2

Pathfinder

When I reinstalled the muffler I did not have the correct angle. I found this out whe I tried to put the mower deck belt on the mule drive.  The belt was hitting the muffler too.  I the reposition the muffler pipe and sovlved both problems.

• Like 3

AMC RULES
Good to hear...    :handgestures-thumbupright:
because that was just crazy close. 
  • Like 1

953 nut
:WRS:   Now that you are a Wheel Horse-a-holic you can start searching for that 1057 and 1054!  :text-welcomeconfetti:  to :rs:
  • Like 2

MikesRJ

Hooked like a big 'ol fish!!! Welcome. :)

muz123

Welcome to the group! You got a nice score!!

Pathfinder

Over the fall I've been accumulating (hoarding) a few attachments.  I added a blower and rototiller.  Haven't used either yet but they hook up and attach very good. Used the plow today after some snowfall and very please with the capabilities.  Attached are some pic's. Also found a Snowco trailer that I'm currently in the process of refurbishing.

20151219_222336.jpg

20151221_181644.jpg

Edited by Pathfinder
Added Pictures
  • Like 2

Digger 66
On 8/17/2015 at 8:17 PM, Pathfinder said:

20150816_121215.jpg

Is that a Nordic or Oly under that yellow cover ? 

Edited by Digger 66

Pathfinder
23 minutes ago, Digger 66 said:

Is that a Nordic or Oly under that yellow cover ?

Snowmobile: 1970 Olympique 12/3

Trailer: 60's ish ???  Snowco Model SM-542

20151221_175915.jpg

20151228_104304.jpg

20151228_104248.jpg

Edited by Pathfinder
  • Like 2

Pathfinder

Rototiller in great shape.  Can't wait to try it out this spring!

20151119_182237.jpg

20151117_181552.jpg

Edited by Pathfinder
  • Like 2

Ken B

Real nice C-100. I think you made the right choice for doing work around the house, attachments are everywhere for your tractor. Careful with that seat, it looks to be in very nice shape and they are pretty valuable. If you plan to use the tractor in cold weather I'd find a cheap seat to put on in its place. The cold weather cause's them to stiffen up and crack when they age...

• Like 1

TDF5G

Welcome aboard.  Very nice C-100 you have there.  I like it.  The B C series are good looking tractors.  I notice the hood ornament is missing and WOW, the seat is in mint condition, that's great!   It's a good original tractor, don't paint too much of it!

We have a little in common, I have a '77 B-100.  

The muffler is a little tricky to get snugged down in the right spot to clear everything, the air cleaner and hood, etc.  I don't remember my fuel line being that close though, I'll have to take a look.   Looks like a new muffler on yours.   Your deck is rusted in the exact same place as one of mine.  And I had to replace the steering support on mine, as was broken on both sides also. 

The background spotters got you too!  Been there done that!  :lol:  That's a neat little trailer also. 

Once the :wh: bug bites you, I don't think there is any cure either.  At least I've not found one yet! 

Have fun with it!