Ken B

The new Farm truck...

shallowwatersailor
2 hours ago, Ken B said:

I just got my seat recovered in fine Italian leather... It helps to work for a leather company.. I also added new sill plates, new rubber floor mat and new shift boot. My old shift boot had a crack in it allowing road noise into the cab, its amazing how quiet it is in my truck now. Almost too quiet...

20160116_162715_zpsesmoecul.jpg

Is that"fine Corinthian leather?" Da plane! Da Plane!

That truck is really looking sharp!!!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 4

Aldon

image.thumb.jpeg.098a9f3b87c56b318f0a278

• Like 1

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:  The way the paint has worn away on the widow sill and the door sill is the only dead giveaway that this is a true survivor! Love it.

Ken B

This is my fix for the worn paint on the top of the rocker.. I didn't want to leave it bare metal and I didn't want to repaint it as it will only get scuffed and worn away again. 3m non slip... The leather... Well lets just say that the leather in my truck is the best that money can buy period. Where I work we only sell the absolute finest. Corinthian?:ROTF:

20160122_161825_zpsz0x8vjee.jpg

Edited by Ken B
  • Like 2

fireman

Real Sweeeeeeetttt Ken! That leather is the bomb. No dirty/greasy jeans allowed in there.

squonk

GM used to sell chrome rocker sill plates to cover that. You had to drill holes to mount them but they were pretty slick. You could get them plain, with the GM/GMC or the Fisher Body emblem

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat:...and attach them with double sided tape, no drilling. 

What are the vise grips holding Ken?   :scratchead:

Ken B

Ken B

Been keeping busy on the Heavy Chevy. The truck was parked in the previous owners garage for just about 15 yrs. without being started or even turned over. I think when he finally decided to start it he just put a battery in and started it. What i think happened is the cylinders might have been a little rusty from sitting and they either cracked or wore themselves out from rust in the cylinders from sitting. She ran pretty darn good but man did it burn oil! It smoked also and was only getting worse. I decided rather than rebuild the original motor I'd buy a brand new GM Goodwrench 350. While I was at it I went with a new intake, carb, water pump, starter, clutch, pressure plate and flywheel and a new Pertronix electronic distributor to replace the old points dizzy. What a difference, even more balls than it had before and when ya get on it it sounds pretty wicked...I still have a few minor things to do.. What the hell, Big Show or bust...

20160509_120059_zpsb2vi5gkr.jpg

20160509_120330_zpscgnpvjpf.jpg

20160517_073506_zpszrvjboax.jpg

20160307_074407_zpsmhpd48sv.jpg

• Like 8

wallfish

AAAH the good old days when you can actually see the engine and work on it without removing a bunch of plastic parts.

Looks sweet Ken, can't wait to see it in person.

• Like 2

312Hydro

Beautiful truck! A real piece of Chevy history. :handgestures-thumbupright::handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

dclarke

Nice job, Ken. I was hoping this was gonna be at the show. 

squonk

We can have a contest. "Guess how many RJ's we can put in Ken's truck! :banana-jumprope:

squonk

How heavy was that hood Ken? :):):) :banana-linedance::banana-linedance::banana-linedance:

20160509_120330_zpscgnpvjpf.jpg

Ken B
54 minutes ago, squonk said:

We can have a contest. "Guess how many RJ's we can put in Ken's truck! :banana-jumprope:

With a full 8 1/2 ft bed (man sized bed) I think we can fit at least a few  RJ's back there Mike. My brother helped me take the hood off, it was actually real light, just big. The rest of the job I did on my own, just how I like it.. I hope to find a nice vintage camper for my truck, If I do find one I'll be hauling tractors in a trailer.. If I find one it will definitely be time to upgrade the front brakes. I think fuel mileage might drop to about 6 mpg with a camper in the bed though...:hide:

1968%20longhorn%203.gif

stevebo

I could see Ken behind the wheel with that camper loaded on the back and trailer in tow as I run by him with the duramax up those long hills going to the big show as he is giving me the "peace" sign:ph34r: .....

Ken B
1 hour ago, stevebo said:

I could see Ken behind the wheel with that camper loaded on the back and trailer in tow as I run by him with the duramax up those long hills going to the big show as he is giving me the "peace" sign:ph34r: .....

Yes indeed... I'm in no hurry.

wrightorchid

There is an interesting Airstream camper here in Florida.  A bit far but interesting.  Your trucks look great.  We had a 51 chevy with a 216 growing up.

fireman
14 hours ago, Ken B said:

Yes indeed... I'm in no hurry.

I'm with you Ken! Slow and steady always wins the race. Life's too short so enjoy the ride :thumbs:.

Edited by fireman

clueless
8 hours ago, stevebo said:

Duramax               Longhorn

MPGs:                             :)                             :(

AC                                   :)                             :(

Sound System                 :)                             :(

Brakes                             :)                              :-o

Comfort                           :)                             :(

Reliability                         :)                             :(

1970 Chevy C/30 longhorn with period correct camper pulling a trailer full of old wheel horses. Priceless. 

Chevy Duramax pulling an enclosed trailer, not so much... 

-Chris in Florida

Edited by clueless
  • Like 3

elcamino/wheelhorse
On 6/12/2016 at 10:45 PM, wallfish said:

AAAH the good old days when you can actually see the engine and work on it without removing a bunch of plastic parts.

Looks sweet Ken, can't wait to see it in person.

The good old days were you did not have plastic stuff all in your way , and you could sit in the engine compartment and work on stuff and the hood provided shade.

Ken B
5 hours ago, clueless said:

Duramax               Longhorn

MPGs:                             :)                             :(

AC                                   :)                             :(

Sound System                 :)                             :(

Brakes                             :)                              :-o

Comfort                           :)                             :(

Reliability                         :)                             :(

1970 Chevy C/30 longhorn with period correct camper pulling a trailer full of old wheel horses. Priceless. 

Chevy Duramax pulling an enclosed trailer, not so much... 

-Chris in Florida

Lol!:ROTF:I agree with all of the faces (especially the brakes) Except maybe for the reliability one. While I haven't made it there and back yet I will say the Longhorn is pretty reliable. I did take it on a 6 hr round trip a few weeks ago without a hitch. If a Duramax breaks down on the side of the road you are pretty much screwed, I don't wish that on anyone. I went thru that a few yrs ago coming back from the Big Show in my other truck. I had a trailer in tow and had to be flat bedded. NFG.. My truck is just about as dumb as I am, ain't much I can't fix on it with just a hammer and a screw driver. She's a 1 ton with 410's and a 4 speed rated too haul 9000 pounds, I won't have any problems going up any hills, its the going down the hill part that concerns me more..

• Like 2

stevebo

That longhorn is no joke. I may even get a "driveby" video when ken first runs past me at about 4000 rpm and climbing with that new dual exhaust. 

• Like 2

mels

Dang nice truck Ken, diggin' your attention to detail.  If that old Ford of mine were up here instead of Tennessee, I'd be chipping away at it like you are yours.

Zeek

That is an awesome truck Ken!  You did a great job!  How you stay married with all your projects is something we need to discuss, you may be onto something :think: