tractor related, non-wheelhorse

tractor and tiller related, non wheelhorse  

2 members have voted

1. 1. tractor and tiller related, non wheelhorse

• Deere 110
    • Cub 104
    • just keep waiting it out

Pullstart

So I've been wanting to get another tractor with a rear tiller on it to help out with garden duties in the spring and fall.  Of course when you're looking, nothing you want as a package is available... and as soon as I get something I'm sure what I want will come up.  So I know of a Deere and a Cub both with tillers and in comparable looking shape.  The Deere is the 110 with an 8 horse and variable speed control in each gear.  The Cub is the 104 model with a 10 horse and a 3 speed + reverse with hi/lo gears.  Considering the two have their advantages and both are powered by Kohler, any suggestions on what color to settle for?  They are both in a good price range and would most likely do the trick until I can get my hands on something a little more red and tolerable.

Edited by pullstart

octfst

I have a B 100 with a tiller. The john deere is under powered and the tiller would be hard on that variable speed trans.  I would think the Cub would be about the same as the B100. The B100 works fine but could use more power. It's all it wants.

Pullstart

Thanks for the input!  I have a buddy with a larger single cylinder kohler he said I could come pick up if I ever need it, maybe having the cub to allow a big block transplant in the future would be a plus too.  My soil is a sandy dirt mix and the new garden plot we made this spring is 40x60 and I pulled just 1 rock larger than a golf ball out.

• Like 1

953 nut
The sooner you purchase an off color model the sooner a perfect :wh: will come along! 

Pullstart

Good call Richard!  I did find a C120 at a local auction this week with said bad transmission, I just hope if that comes my way I'll be able to find a decent priced tiller.  seems combo packages are always a better deal!