chorusguy

pull behind sprayer

chorusguy

Thinking about getting a pull behind sprayer.  Did a little research but figured I would come back to the experts.  Looking for a 15-40 gallon sprayer.  Please share your experiences and recommendations.  Thanks

KC9KAS

FYI...the liquid weight alone will be around 8.34 pounds per gallon.....40 gallons will be 333.6 pounds.
If you go this big, make sure your hitch and trailer can handle the weight.

Racinbob

One similar to this? I had a 60 gallon that I used all the time. The tractors you have won't even notice it hooked up. You may want to consider an electric pump. Beats maintaining another motor.

Sprayer_60_Gallon_Pull_Type.jpg

• Like 1

doc724

I considered a pull behind sprayer but instead opted for a 16 gallon unit from Northern Equipment that was designed to mount to an ATV.  It has a single nozzle out the back that can spray about 10-14 feet wide (depends on how high you mount it) and you don't have to worry about whacking a horizontal boom on any trees like the one in Racinrob's pix.  I made a custom tray to mount to my C141 (quick attach of course) and I can get it on and off in under 3 minutes).  After I made my custom tray, I found one at harbor freight (used for carrying beer coolers) that will slip into a receiver hitch if you have one on the tractor.  The HF tray cost less than my custom one, but I did not have a receiver hitch.  The sprayer works great and it has a separate wand on a 15 foot hose that is useful for attacking the poison ivy which is all over the place here.

Madcat

60 gal tank, PTO pump, short spray boom allows easy go through and around trees.

P1010024.JPG

• Like 4

doc724

Hey Madcat, that is a really cool setup!  Nice custom work on the front-pillow blocks and everything for the jackshafts-very professional

• Like 1

wrightorchid

impressive.  looks like a pro, factory job.

tommyg

I purchased this Northern 16 gallon sprayer and fabricated this easy on, easy off support that attaches to the rear "Tach-a-matic" bracket on my D-180. Sure beats pulling a trailer. Haven't connected up the electrical yet, but my plan is to wire in a jack similar to a headphone jack on your iPod for the electrical connection.

IMG_0533.JPG

IMG_0534.JPG

IMG_0538.JPG

IMG_0541.JPG

• Like 2