DanD
Hello Red Square Community!
My father recently rebuilt a 1990 520-H he found at a junk yard and surprised me with it as a birthday present. I've done a lot of searching for guidance on implements/attachments that will fit this particular model but am coming up short. I would love to get a rototiller, snow thrower, and a blade but I have no idea what will work. My model number is 41-20OE01. Will any wheel horse attachment prior to 1990 work with this tractor? I'm new to this so any help would be much appreciated. Thank you for your time!

cdsl810

Most of the 300/400/500 and C series attachments will work with the 520-H.

The tricky part is that in order for attachments that came from the C, 300/400 tractors often require an extra adapter, extension, or unique lever to allow them to fit the 520-H--even though they are identical in all other aspects. It's because the frame of the 500 series is longer than the others. A prime example is the snow blade: The C, 300/400/500 blades are all basically the same... the 520-H requires a frame extension to allow it to attach at the back Attach-a-Matic hitch--AND it has a different angle adjustment lever that has a "zig-zag" bend in it instead of being just straight.

roadapples

Is the frame actually longer or is it because of the swept forward axle? Just curious.

• Like 1

KC9KAS
:WRS:

MalMac

I believe it's because of the forward swept axel add a few inches to accommodate the 60" deck.

cheesegrader

I used a 48" blade on a 520 for two years without the extension bracket.
The back of the blade rubbed the front of the right tire when the blade was angled.
Not bad, but annoying, and it wore the paint off the blade.
The extension gives about 4" extra clearance needed for the forward swept front axle.
Problem is, they are hard to find, and go for about $150 with the extension bracket, lift point brace and offset lever arm.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• neilevans1971
      By neilevans1971
      42in Snowthrower #79362 for sale
      You pick up, as I cannot deliver. 
      Lot's of fun to clear a sidewalk in one pass or driveway in just a few.

I have the manual, belt and attachment parts that go with it but are not pictured. All are in good working order.

• Duramax7man7
      By Duramax7man7
      Very Solid tractor! Starts right up and Runs and Cuts like a Champ! 

ONLY 419hrs

FEATURES:
      Newer Agro Tires on Rear & Solid Front Turf Tires.
      Wheel Weights on rear.
      Fully Swapped Forward Swept axle and Steering off of 520h.
      New Tractor Supply Adjustable Seat.
      Exhaust Fully Restored. (Sandblasted, Outgassed and 2000deg High Temp Satin Exhaust Paint Coated.)

I ran my 60" Deck on this tractor for over a year with no issues. 
      Deck it solid top to bottom with no rot and newer blades. Belt and Pulley are good to go! 
      She's just a little dusty and needs a cleaning. Can get a nice Seat a Tractor Supply. 

Asking >>>>> $1,099 OBO <<<<<<< 

(248) 943-8634 Text or Call.  God Bless. 

• Little Red Horse
      By Little Red Horse
      I am selling a 1970 Wheel Horse Electro 12. It is in *working condition*.
      It has AG tires and a mid-mount blade from wheel horse. 
      It also has a front mounted generator that currently doesnt put out power. It has been in the barn quite a while, so it may be a corroded connection,  not sure. Although there's not too much that goes wrong with them. 
      The tractor has been a great one for me. The last 6ish 7ish years that I've had it where I lived it brought the gravel back up my driveway for me every time it rained. In the last few months, it would run for 20-30min then die.
      I was moving at the time so just didn't have the time to look at it. And it seems I still don't. Where I am currently I don't have a place for it. I don't want it setting out and deteriorating. So here we are.
      Please contact me by text or email. 
      Thanks for looking! 

• Bill Winn
      By Bill Winn
      For sale. 1981 WH C-175 Kohler twin series 1

1. Tractor has brand new ag tires all the way around, brand new seat, new points and condenser, new rear blade quick attach bracket, lights have been rewired with LEDs, it has a brand new lift cable and bracket,seat pan is from a 410... it's surface rusted but at least it isn't busted up like the oem plastic one, starts and runs but smokes a bit on startup if it's been sitting for months but she runs smooth and strong.

2. Tiller is like new. It had been used only about once when I bought it and now it has been used 4 times more. Tines still have much of the factory paint on them.

3. 42" mower deck works perfectly, 4. snow blade was/ is rough but I repaired it so it is quite functional,

4. Brand new rear grader blade,

5. Wheel Horse brand plow,

6. Wheel Horse brand disc- I added a piece of motorgrader blade for a drag. I also welded a post to the top to hold weights,

7. Wheel Horse brand cultivator,

8. Home built furrower. (Makes good rows)

The original Wheel Horse plow/disc/cultivator originally came as a modular kit and in order to use it the draw bar and clevis hitch had to be swapped back and forth. (big pain) I fabricated draw bars and hitches onto each piece so this is no longer necessary.
      I think this is a fair asking price at $2200 for all.

• ohiofarmer
      By ohiofarmer
      i know that there is ebb and flow with market conditions, but I have been seeing bargain 520 and c-160 prices more common. I recently saw a c-160 like model on a place other than here that was close by, but i did not get a chance to see it as I was still on a medical tether getting care. i say c-i60 like model because it was a series of numbers like 4455 or somesuch .Tractor had the k series engine clearly a sixteen HP and came with a decent looking deck and pusher blade. i called my buddy Jay and told him for the $250 ask , he better hustle after it. i really do not know if he did.
        I also have been seeing 520s and such lower than I can remember as well as the D series..My theory is that people experiencing paycheck to paycheck living are increasing in number.
      You even are seeing a lot more older trucks like square bodies and especially big blocks than you did before. we used to see this a lot in new trucks when fuel prices hit records.
      i am not claiming expert status on this, but it seems to be trending this way one county next to indiana and 90 miles North of the Ohio River.
       Tell me what you are seeing out there and what you think. 
           Edit:  Jay and I ran up to buy Bob Ellison's tractor in MI.  Bob was very nice to deal with and included his "last seat"   I got super lucky buying my first C-160 that did not start and another one shortly dropped in to keep it company. The tractor described above was listed for only two days and was gone