emmettlodge

Price Check: 518H with Kwik-Way

emmettlodge

Just wanted to get a price check from the experts here. 

This came up for sale next to me, it's a 518H with the Kwik-Way Loader.

The machine is in good condition. Hoses look good, welds on loader look good, bucket is straight.

Seller wants $2500, but he is known to negotiate (bought from him before) so it could be gotten for less.

Also are those the right sized front tires for this model?

Thoughts?

IMG_20150719_142246083_HDR_zpsaqk2t9i2.j

IMG_20150719_142259450_HDR_zpsnezlhqz4.j

IMG_20150719_142321516_HDR_zps59avmsyg.j

IMG_20150719_142332865_HDR_zpszgis0gh8.j

Edited by emmettlodge
  • Like 3

AMC RULES
Around these parts...    :confusion-shrug:
not unusual to see the FEL alone list for $1500. 

:WRS:

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 1

squonk

Price is right. Only problem I have with these loaders is that the bucket is way too big for the tractor's capacity. This is just my opinion. I would hate to see someone either get hurt or damage their tractor with that thing chuck full of stone or dirt. Let us know how that seat feels. I almost bought one of those. It felt comfy. :)

Edited by squonk
  • Like 1

emmettlodge

Price is right. Only problem I have with these loaders is that the bucket is way too big for the tractor's capacity. This is just my opinion. I would hate to see someone either get hurt or damage their tractor with that thing chuck full of stone or dirt.

I assume putting on wider front tires and duals on the rear helps a lot with this?

AMC RULES

Though originally intended for light duty materials(like mulch)...
within reason, they will still pick a healthy load. 
IMG_3119.thumb.JPG.336fc05e4130f3d3b5571IMG_3120.thumb.JPG.6541f8bb67d0ab78ef858

• Like 2

emmettlodge

Thanks for the pictures.

What is the safe load lift max? 300 lbs?

bmsgaffer

Is anyone concerned about that unit having the Eaton 700 light duty transmission? Im surprised its still moving.

Definitely not made for loader duty, but maybe its been replaced with the eaton 1100? Check to see if it has a hydro filter on the back for the transmission...

• Like 4

emmettlodge

Is anyone concerned about that unit having the Eaton 700 light duty transmission? Im surprised its still moving.

Definitely not made for loader duty, but maybe its been replaced with the eaton 1100? Check to see if it has a hydro filter on the back for the transmission...

there was no ffilter.

Might be better to buy this, transfer the loader to a 520, and sell the 518?

• Like 3

jackhammer

Though originally intended for light duty materials(like mulch)...
within reason, they will still pick a healthy load. 
IMG_3119.thumb.JPG.336fc05e4130f3d3b5571IMG_3120.thumb.JPG.6541f8bb67d0ab78ef858

hmmm

Check it out guys... the secret entrance to that hidden cave   :handgestures-thumbupright:

Rick

Edited by jackhammer

squonk

I may be mistaken, That ARK loader on Craig"s tractor doesn't seem to "Hang Out" in front as much as the Kwik-Way. Maybe it's an optical illusion The bucket on my PK sits out quite a ways and I can really feel it when it's full of wet snow.

IMG_0249.thumb.jpg.6d803f20d256430cf92c5

Edited by squonk
  • Like 2

953 nut
The fact that it is nearby adds value, my GT-14 with FEL was 700 miles away when I bought it. 
  • Like 1

shallowwatersailor

I'm not surprised that it is still moving! The Eaton 700 is stronger than you think. It's not a Tuff Torq K46. Wheel Horse marketed as being able to do ground engaging work - and it can.

• Like 1

roadapples

I have a 74 c160 with ark loader & 520 front end & gear reduction steering. It would take a lot more than $2500 to haul it away. They are too handy and too hard to find.

• Excellent 1

roadapples

By the way, don`t wait too long. We can see the phone # in that first picture, lol!

• Like 2

emmettlodge

By the way, don`t wait too long. We can see the phone # in that first picture, lol!

Well probably ggoing to pass on this one, so its all yours!

• Like 1

cheesegrader

I think the price is fair.
I would also rather have it on a 520 for the gear reduction steering and eaton 1100.
Wider front tires will make it easier to handle.  Those are not stock, but would be good for snowblower duty.
That bucket is meant for snow, with the top deflector.  The angle iron across the top and the two eye bolts are add-ons.  Nice if you want to chain something up for lifting.
Maximum load is 500 lbs.  When I carry that much in my kwik-way/520, it really becomes a chore to steer.  
Even with counter-weight, I wouldn't try to work with any more.

Forest Road

All in all it looks good. $2500 is a good price just for a loaded around these parts. I'd prefer it mounted on a 520 or an 8 speed vs the 518. But the tractor could easily be sold. Mine is on a 522xi. I couldn't imagine NOT having power steering! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slammer302

I've always wondered how hard the steering would be on a FEL horse i know the 520 with gear reduction steering would help but i see alot of older horses with loaders on them. My commando 8 is kinda hard to steer with just a snow plow on it