Aldon

GT14 Hydro Tiller Pulley removal

Aldon

Has anyone have experience removing one of these pulleys? This is the one which has double pulley for use with a Rototiller which I will eventually add to my collection once I have the GT14 restored. This pulley is currently on my parts tractor.

i located 2 set screws and have them backed all the way out. 

I don't see anything else that would impede its removal but like every hub or fly wheel or pulley I have had to remove, this does not wish to cooperate. Just looking for some confirmation before I start really putting the leverage to it as I really don't want to damage it.

image.jpg

steamdriven23

From what I remember when I changed out my single pulley for the double you have in the picture, I think since you have the set screws out you may need to soak the shaft the best you can with a PB Blast or some other penetrating oil and carefully use a gear puller on it. If you have the room remove the set screws all together and spray the penetrating oil down into the holes on the shaft. Good Luck!

• Like 1

Aldon

Thanks. For some reason I had not yet done that. Might as well skip to the chase though and let it soak for a day or two.

• Like 1

Aldon

Mission accomplished.

Already sandblasted and getting a coat of primer.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1