steamdriven23

How to measure a GT-14 for a snow/dozer blade?

steamdriven23

Hi all, i have been looking for a snow/dozer blade for my GT-14 and I think I have found one.  The guy says it fits on his GT-14 and other models, but doesn't have the model # for it.  I was always under the impression that GT14 implements were GT14 specific.  Its a pretty good drive for me to go get this thing so I was wondering where i should measure on my GT14 so i can compare to the blade when i get up there to look at it, just to make sure it will fit.  Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

gwest_ca

The GT-14 blades 1969-1973 came in 2 packages. A 54" blade and the A-frame completing kit. The kit was the same one used for the long frame tractors and their blade at the time was 42" wide.
The kit numbers are 6-4112 and 6-4113
The 54" blade numbers are 6-9611 and 6-9612.
In 1974-1975 there was a 56" blade 6-1151 that I suspect could be used on the GT-14 but was listed for the 16hp long frame models at the time. I don't know if this one was 56" or was a typo and should be 54".

A search of the manuals files should bring them all up.

If the blade you are looking at is 42" or 48" wide they are the most popular and very common.

Garry

• Like 1

steamdriven23

Thank you Garry, that was very helpful.  I am actually in the process of scouring through the manuals now.  I feel more confident about making the long drive to pick up that blade, it will be well worth it in the long run. 

John