Bert

Western NC meet and greet

Wheel-N-It

That sounds like a pretty nice piece. Do you plan on turning dirt with it?

I gotta think about that one. I may save it for show and try to get one to work with. This NOS one I got at the Show has a gage wheel which is something I have no experience with. Looks like a good idea though!

• Like 1

vinceo

One thing I like sitting around with people is stories of what followed them home. Brand really dosnt matter to me, as long as its not green, i like to look at them. Kinda like Davids 2 580h hes got! :P

• Like 1

AMC RULES

That sounds like a pretty nice piece. Do you plan on turning dirt with it?

I gotta think about that one. I may save it for show and try to get one to work with. This NOS one I got at the Show has a gage wheel which is something I have no experience with. Looks like a good idea though!

:wwp:

• Like 2

Linder

hey guys havent heard much about meet n greet any experianced members have any suggestions this is a first for me an bert and want to start planning so all goes well

• Like 1

vinceo

Let me know how I can help. Sounds like you guys are off to a good start, porta john, and room to camp. 

How about food? Any restaurant around? I like the parts swap too. If someone is needing something they can bring it. Also if someone needs something moved from lets say wva to atlanta ga I can help move it. 

I cant wait, to hang out. I find it so much fun talking tractors and meeting new people. 

• Like 2

Wheel-N-It
We had one a couple of years ago at Jay's house in Selma NC. Lots of food and a homemade cake shaped like a wheel horse tractor (Yummy) !
  • Like 3

mowinman2

The easier the better for the host. You don't want to get too much involved and spend too much money and only 10 guys show up. Not that the 10 guys wouldn't have a good time, but it just doesn't seem worth all the money and time.  
Moving something from AtoB is something Vince and I are pretty good at. If anyone needs something brought back from the Portland IN show, I can help out there. 

• Like 2

Wheel-N-It
Well no, I don't want Bert and Linder to spend alot of money feeding us. That would not be reasonable. I would stress that food does have a way of bringing folks together. It did make Jay's Meet and Greet very successful. Maybe we visitors can all bring a certain something to cook on the grill to show our appreciation of Linder and Bert's kindness? How does everyone feel about that?
  • Like 2

vinceo

CAKE! Where, when, what??????:icecream:

• Like 3

Ponder

I think that's a great idea. As time nears and we can get an idea of how many are coming, we can make up a food list and volunteer to bring the type and quantity of food needed.

• Like 3

953 nut
I had the same thing in mind, a few of us could bring gas grills and dogs or burgers, others could bring coolers with other fixins, whatever is a specialty for them. Sort of like a family reunion picnic that a lot of us are accustomed to.

I am really not into camping and would be spending the night in a nearby motel, perhaps others would also wish to do this and we could establish a "Host Hotel" 
  • Like 3

vinceo

Im up for bringing my own food. Ask David, foods always a problem at plow day. 

Is there a place to eat near by?

Bert

Ok folks, I sat down with Linder yesterday and we talked over some details. There is a small food vender near by thats a family owned establishment, we know the owners from buying hey and stopping in for a burger now and then. They are not open on Sunday so if we want to grill or bring a dish to pass Sunday may be the day to plan for.
As far as motels this will be the the only thing we are missing close by. I believe Forest City will be the best place for anyone looking to rent a room. Forest City is about 20 min. away which isn't all that bad. 
More details and ideas are in the works so stay tuned :text-woo:

Thanks to all for suggestions and ideas. Bert

Ponder

Given the variables of not knowing what the weather may bring or how many people will actually show up and all  the other "life" situations that fill our lives, it might be a good idea to just reserve one of the meeting rooms at Ryan's in forest city. There is no charge to reserve the rooms. There would surely be food to suit everyone and give us all a place to meet, talk and break bread with one another without the hassle of cleaning up and fear of not having enough food or wasting food if fewer than expected show. Giving us more time to enjoy one another's company. We could bring coolers with sodas and water and snacks for later in the day. Just my 2 cents.

vinceo

You know this is a good idea. Fri night before the plowdays we get togeather at some place eat and bs for a few hrs. Ryans would be a good thing, something there for everyone. 

I like your .02 worth

Linder

Hey  guys I raised 2 boys always had hungry teens by the dozens riding in on snowmobiles and atv,s Im used to cooking for an army and thought a small 100 lb pig on a grill rolls slaw beans and salads would work for friday when people are arriving they can just go and grab a dish or it could be for saturday or both whatever also the grill would stay hot coals for a few days after cooking a pig so people can bring their own fry pan or foil and cook their own breakfast I could have a huge pot of coffee going  Also something good and easy would be a huge pot of chilli and beans and rice once again easy.. If anyone wanted to donate toward food it would be graciously accepted.  As for a cake I dont know I need research on that one,Hey we have a farm and farms always have food,and I dont mind cooking I just need about 2 hours morning and night for farm chores unless someone can hand milk 2 cows LOL  My neighbors and best friends have an Ice machine that makes 450 lbs in 6 hours so Ice is no problem, maybe bring some extra paper plates plastic silver ware etc I will cover the main meals and all of ya'll can cover the snacks and breakfast meals , Never fear Linders in wheel horse gear, maybe a week before we can get a list of possible rsvp would be very helpful, thanks guys;-)

I also like Ponders Idea on Ryans for one meal on one day Input guys thanks

• Like 2

953 nut

Since I am a couple of hours away my plan is to drive in early on Saturday and return home Sunday afternoon. Ryan's has a great Breakfast buffet, Sunday morning brunch would seem good in my opinion. I would be glad to pitch in on the pig roast or we could keep it simple and do burgers and dogs on a gas grill ( I could bring one). We don't want to have you working your tail off, just glad you have offered to host the gathering.

Thanks for all you are doing.

• Like 2

Bert

Hey  guys I raised 2 boys always had hungry teens by the dozens riding in on snowmobiles and atv,s Im used to cooking for an army and thought a small 100 lb pig on a grill rolls slaw beans and salads would work for friday when people are arriving they can just go and grab a dish or it could be for saturday or both whatever also the grill would stay hot coals for a few days after cooking a pig so people can bring their own fry pan or foil and cook their own breakfast I could have a huge pot of coffee going  Also something good and easy would be a huge pot of chilli and beans and rice once again easy.. If anyone wanted to donate toward food it would be graciously accepted.  As for a cake I dont know I need research on that one,Hey we have a farm and farms always have food,and I dont mind cooking I just need about 2 hours morning and night for farm chores unless someone can hand milk 2 cows LOL  My neighbors and best friends have an Ice machine that makes 450 lbs in 6 hours so Ice is no problem, maybe bring some extra paper plates plastic silver ware etc I will cover the main meals and all of ya'll can cover the snacks and breakfast meals , Never fear Linders in wheel horse gear, maybe a week before we can get a list of possible rsvp would be very helpful, thanks guys;-)

I also like Ponders Idea on Ryans for one meal on one day Input guys thanks

Wow I think linder is trying to make our horses have to haul around a few extra pounds:ychain:

• Like 3

Red Horse

Count me in Bert. I'll bring parts as well.

• Like 1

rtfbg
So .... Sat-Sun of the first weekend in oct 
The address is 242 Mcmurray Road Rutherfordton NC 28139
Which is the 3rd .. 4th of Oct.

Is this correct???

'Cause once I put it in my phone, I have to go ... I don't know how to turn off the alarm!!  LOL
  • Like 1

Bert

Count me in Bert. I'll bring parts as well.

Sounds Great!!! 

So .... Sat-Sun of the first weekend in oct 
The address is 242 Mcmurray Road Rutherfordton NC 28139
Which is the 3rd .. 4th of Oct.

Is this correct???

'Cause once I put it in my phone, I have to go ... I don't know how to turn off the alarm!!  LOL

Yep thats right, put it in the phone tonight lol

rtfbg

Just thought I would say HEY ... so we stay high on the listing page!!!  The more folks see this the more will come!!!

Edited by gulftane
  • Like 2

Bert

Just thought I would say HEY ... so we stay high on the listing page!!!  The more folks see this the more will come!!!

Very true, thanks gulftane. So is the address in your phone yet:ychain: 

• Like 1

rtfbg

Yes sir, address on map, alarm set ..!!

• Like 2

mowinman2

Hey guys, I just posted (2) 520-H tractors for sale.  If any of you are interested, I could certainly hold one until the weekend of this meet and greet!  They are in the for sale section.  Thanks!

• Like 2