wheelhorsekid

Approx Year of Seat & Hub Caps

wheelhorsekid

Got the seat and caps at the big show. Want to put them on my 75 C 160. Can someone tell me the years they were produced? Thanks!

image.jpg

image.jpg

DTOM

Nice seat.That seat style came out in 1970 and it is correct for your tractor. All 1975 "C" models came with that seat. The hub caps seam to end in 1973 but still make your C160 look good.

• Like 1

857 horse

YOU WILL BE AMAZED AT WHAT CLEANING THOSE HUB CAPS WILL 0000 STEEL WOOL AND SOAP,,,,,,,DRIED THEN FOLLOWED BY RUBBING WITH CRUNCHED UP ALUMINUM FOIL WILL DO......
BUT I KNOW..     YOU KNEW THAT......OK   I'LL GO BACK TO SLEEP..LOLO

DTOM

Someone was to busy to demonstrate to me about the aluminum foil method at the big show. "857 horse" was to busy filtering with the ladies.   

wheelhorsekid

Thanks for the help. I agree the hub caps do look really cool even though not correct in years.

GlenPettit

After you've cleaned your Chrome Wheel Covers (Hub Caps) very clean, and gotten any dirt, oil, loose rust & wax out of the depths;
using a wadded up (loosely, not too tight) piece of regular aluminum, just rub  across  the scratches, (not with the length of the scratch), but back & forth across the scratches – you're filling in the scratch with tiny bits of the Aluminum.  
For the pits or pitting, you can rub in all directions.
When finished, wax the Wheel Covers and then buff it up to a nice shine, more buffing gives a mirror finish.  The wax coating will also reduce the rust left deep in the bottom of the scratch from starting to rust again.  
Good Luck,  Glen

We have the correct flat WH Wheel Cover metal clips now, 4-clips/Wheel Cover.

CasualObserver

Got the seat and caps at the big show. Want to put them on my 75 C 160. Can someone tell me the years they were produced? Thanks!

Those hubcaps were still listed as an accessory until 1975, part number 8-0512.