Dad&Kev

way behind

Dad&Kev

anybody else have there project tractor for the show in a thousand pieces. I spent about 15 hrs on the boys bronco 14 and it still looks like a yard sale.We are leaving on Thursday for the 10 hr drive and i'm starting freak out.   

• Like 1

wallfish

YUP, Same situation.
Trying to finish a custom 2 seater and running out of time. Spent 3 full days last weekend, Fri and Sat this weekend plus a few full days before that too. This stuff is usually fun when I just poke around at it on spare time but it's getting to be a real pain with a deadline. I'll have it running and driving because it's almost there but still have quite a few little things to put on and adjust. Seems like the last 10% of the job takes 90% of the time!
See you at the show!

• Like 3

squonk

Just like all of those reality shows,. Always a deadline! :)

• Like 1

857 horse

Just like all of those reality shows,. Always a deadline! :)

MIKE ,,,YOU KNOW THEY REBUILD THOSE REALITY TRACTORS IN  1 WEEKEND.............  LOL

papaglide

Sounds to me like a hobby has turned...into.....WORK. :(

• Like 1

Dad&Kev

it can be work but it will be worth it when Kevin is riding around the show grounds with a smile from ear to ear 

• Like 1

WHX??

Don't worry about it too much...I am pretty sure that someone there would have a tractor that would make him grin and let him ride just to see that smile, always  next year...sides don't wanna rush a good thing and this ain't  reality show..just good people. ..

• Like 1

Dad&Kev

we will be there no matter what four tractors all old rats but we love them just the same and cant wait to meet all you good people

rmaynard

Monday afternoon I still didn't have paint on the hood and fender pan of my project tractor. By Tuesday afternoon I was doing the final assembly. Seems every year it comes closer and closer to deadline. I swore I wasn't going to do it again this year, but...

See you at the show.

Zeek

You are going to hear the same story from most of us . . . I started a Raider 12 three years ago and thought I'd have it at the first show :eusa-think:

Many hours and $$ later it's finally done for THIS year :sleeping-drool:

Work, home projects, camper projects, family time ..... :confusion-waiting:  Just keep at it :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Best part of any of it is the friends made here that most of us would not have otherwise known :beer:

Edited by Zeek
  • Like 1

AMC RULES
Many people have pushed project tractors around at the big show. 
  • Like 1