nylyon

What'd ya get for Father's day?

nylyon

I needed a new push mower since my old one completely rusted out around the rear wheels.  I had looked into a string trimmer mower, and while very handy for trimming, not much for what I needed (thank you all for the feedback on that). Well, today I found a big box by the garage.  It's a new Toro and self propelled!  I am used to the very cheap mowers which take some effort, but this one is like driving a Lincoln after getting out of a Yugo!  Grass is too wet to mow, but I was able to use it around the steep hills by the pool and it worked great!  So happy having the self propelled.

• Like 7

KC9KAS

Sounds like a good Fathers Day gift!
Going out with the kids later for Mexican.....and maybe I'll get to spend time with Margaretta! Oh the tequila poisoning I got once!!

• Like 1

stevasaurus

You know Karl...my Mom still talks about the time my Dad bought her a push lawn mower for Mother's Day.  It was a memorable experience, and I was probably about 7 at the time...65 now.  She still talks about it at age 87, and Dad's been gone since 2002.  I hope you get the same and more enjoyment out of your gift.  :rolleyes:  On the serious side, I think I am getting a new grill, and I just picked up a new horse...876...bringing it to the show.  B)

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 1

squonk

Went to Buffalo yesterday to see my son Darrell and my Grand Cat Charlie. got a Red Green book from them plus we went to Kentucky Greg's Hickory Pit for lunch! CHICKEN & RIBS!!!!! :) Had to spring for the t-shirt myself. Stopped at Harbor Freight and the place was packed! Full of a bunch of angry old guys buying tools and not wanting to give the clerk their phone # so they can get coupons. Today I got a TSC gift card so I can get a new seat for Skonk :lol: ,A gas card for the show trip, a Lowes card so I can buy my wife tools for her birthday and a card to Runnings Country Store. Can't believe no one around here had a Father's Day breakfast! :angry-screaming::angry-fire:

Karl, you have a pool and haven't invited me? :ychain:

Steve how many grills does one Dinosaur need? :confusion-confused:

Edited by squonk
  • Like 1

dclarke

I got a C141-8 with a tiller and a snow blower and a new set of decals from Terry for my C160. 

IMG_1427.jpg

• Like 1

KC9KAS

A fellow that used to work with me once said he bought his wife a new chain saw for Mothers Day.

• Like 1

squonk

I work with a guy who's wife used to be head ground keeper at a golf course. He get's her gift cards and she goes out ad buys chain saws, tillers, power washers ect.ect. :)

• Like 1

WNYPCRepair

I got nothing so far. Of course, my wife is working

• Like 1

squonk

A gift that keeps on giving! 

• Like 1

stevasaurus

I got nothing so far. Of course, my wife is working

If your wife is working and you are home...life is good.  It does not get much better then that.  :)
Of course I am kidding...my wife just looked over my shoulder...made me type that.  LOL  :)

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 4

rmaynard

So far I got a new moisture separator for my compressor, and some more 400 grit sandpaper. I'm going to get this darned 416-H painted even if it's midnight on Wednesday. Oh, by the way, those gifts were from ME. The wife and cats gave me a card and some fun money to spend at the show. My son and his family will be here at 5:00 pm and I'll throw some shrimp on the barbie. He's bringing the beer. Life is good!

• Like 3

WNYPCRepair

Well, I got a trip to the hospital to visit my wife who got hurt at work. listening to her screaming in pain getting xrayed 

cleat

I got a 1992 416 with 48" deck and bagger.

Pics will be posted tomorrow or the next day.

Cleat

• Like 2

squonk

So far I got a new moisture separator for my compressor, and some more 400 grit sandpaper. I'm going to get this darned 416-H painted even if it's midnight on Wednesday. Oh, by the way, those gifts were from ME. The wife and cats gave me a card and some fun money to spend at the show. My son and his family will be here at 5:00 pm and I'll throw some shrimp on the barbie. He's bringing the beer. Life is good!

Steve has extra grills if needed Bob! :lol:

stevasaurus

WNYPC...that is not a good Father's Day...I hope she is OK. 

• Like 1

stevebo

I got this from another member here today who happens to own an NOS Raider too:handgestures-thumbupright: I will be dragging this behind me at the big show this week...

photo 1 (9).JPG

• Like 2

squonk

Gonna straighten out the decals? 

stevebo

Nope as they were installed at the factory... Bringing it to the show this week. 

baerpath

Happy father's day  you have raised me right best dad I could ever have. Ya taught me to work hard to get what I want and always make time to enjoy life. Well time to get my ass going so I can get over to Sharron springs for the pulls and spend the rest of the day with you.

I'll take that over a tractor anyday

• Like 2

AMC RULES
I too miss my Dad...
:pray:   RIP JDHN.    

stevebo

I spent a lot of time thinking about my dad "big Jim" today as well. I find myself talking to him a lot when I am down in my new barn. His hat and ashes are there with me. 

• Like 1

Sparky

Got a new fish/depth finder for my boat.
Maybe next weekend I'll get out and give it a try.
Mike.......

• Like 1

muz123

Tool set.

Sparky

Well, I got a trip to the hospital to visit my wife who got hurt at work. listening to her screaming in pain getting xrayed 

Hope its not serious....good luck.
Mike.......

• Like 3

Dad&Kev

Kids got me a laptop.