Aldon

New to me C195

elliot ness

Nice !:bow-blue::greetings-clappingyellow:

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

I am glad it went to a deserving members home. I thought on it long and hard myself, when I saw bryans to, funny you should mention that. But, just putting my home up for sale and loosing my man cave I knew I couldnt get it. Thanks for sharing and best of luck to you, Ken and Steve are good guys with nice ponies, met them both last year. 

Glenn

• Like 2

AMC RULES
Congrats on your new Super C...   :handgestures-salute:
you could never go wrong with a KenB/Stevebo :wh: deal. 
  • Like 2

squonk

I was thinking about it myself. But I would have needed to move 3 machines just to make room! :)

• Like 3

Racinbob

Beautiful tractor and setting for great pictures.

• Like 4

muz123

Very nice!!

• Like 1

stevebo

I am very happy to see this machine being used. While I loved it while I had it I just did not use it. If i did not pick up the C195 (1984) with 3 point and rear PTO from Jordan at the show last year I would have kept it. Use it well and keep it clean !!

• Like 3

Ken B

Looks great with that big boy deck on there Aldon! 

• Like 1

Aldon

Thanks guys.

i got the PTO belt on but only had time for a test run.

i think the idler tension on the deck needs looked at as the blades slowed and struggled to cut. 

i'm sure I'll git'r'figured out in the coming days. Just need some quality time with it:-)

The eaton provides slower tractor speed than I would have expected having only experience sunstrands although limited experience. The GT14's and the C161 both have sunstrands. No need for it to be faster though anyway. Just an observation. 

It is quieter than my others though which is nice.

Edited by Aldon
  • Like 1

bmsgaffer

The eaton had at least 4 different gearing speeds over the years it was in production, but that one with the 15" wheels will be an oddball.

It might be worth comparing parts lists and seeing where they made up the difference for the 15" wheels you might be able to swap in some parts from different models to pick up some speed. Also check to make sure you are getting the full 3600rpm from the engine (also applies to the blade speed). 

Awesome tractor! 

• Like 1

WNYPCRepair

Nice tractor

• Like 1

Coadster32

Nice tractor. That's a pretty big one. You got it from a good home. Best of luck with it.

• Like 1

312Hydro

Good looking tractor! Those C195's are special.

• Like 1

Zeek

Nice tractor, I was tempted at that myself!  That thing is in excellent condition:handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 1

Cutlas3391

I also was in the mixed to buy this one if it was closer i would bought the day it was posted. Beatiful tractor enjoy

• Like 1

Aldon

My tachometer indicates 2800 rpm. While not 35-3600 should still be enough to cut normal height grass with newly sharpened blades. I did Tweak it up and it sounds sweet!

i need to look at the parts diagram to assure I tightened / added tension to the PTO correctly but my suspicion is it needs new clutch material on the PTO after some quality time today spent investigating. 

Par at for the course since I want to use this as a worker.....

Butch

Aldon I myself think you got a deal on that tractor. I also feel I got a deal from Ken on my C175. But somehow I
know this guy made money!!! I just haven't figured out how!

• Like 2

Aldon

I in no way am implying anything negative. in my opinion these horses are like used cars. One should expect issues when acquiring 30-50 year old machines. And as far as I am concerned, I am absolutely ok if someone makes money. I too feel I got a great deal. If it was 100% profit for the seller, then kudos to the seller. I am not interested in what they profit but hope everyone does so. I am interested in what I value the item and what I pay for it.

In the end, working on these things is what keeps me playing with them. I drive a desk these days but was hands a lot of my earlier career. 

I really like the Super C.

But I really really like the GT14's too.

So at some point in future I may have to trim the herd but for the moment, I have plenty of stuff to fill the that void in my life of fixing and tinkering on things.

I am sure once I do the final tweaks on this super C, it will be a beast of a mower.