Mr. Foxxx

C195 hydrostat not working

Mr. Foxxx

My dad has a c195 twin auto that just developed this issue. He pulled his wood splitter out of the barn and everything worked fine. When he was done splitting wood the tractor hydrostat would not operate. All lift functions still work correctly. When you jack the rearend up, each wheel will spin freely when you turn it. There is no resistance when turning the wheel. Also when turning, the other wheel does not turn. The shaft that the brake is on does turn however. If you hold the brake shaft and turn a wheel, the opposite wheel will spin opposite of the wheel that you are turning. Dads kinda at a loss as what to do. I told him I would ask on here and see if anyone had some suggestions. 

953 nut
:WRS: Sorry to hear of your problem. It sounds like the linkage from the motion controller to the trans. has become disengaged at some point.

Hope this helps.
:text-welcomeconfetti:

bmsgaffer

If you say the brake shaft turns correctly then you probably severed a key under one of the wheel hubs.

You should be able to have your dad put it in forward, then you take a look at the ends of the hubs where they poke through. You will probably see one spinning free.

If the key way isnt too buggered up, then you should be off and running with just a couple dollar woodruff key!

bmsgaffer

Actually, looking back at your description, i'm probably wrong.

Do you hear a rattling (sounds like large ball bearingss knocking on metal) when you jack it up and turn one wheel so the brake shaft is turning? That will indicate to us if you are turning the hydro motor or not when you spin a wheel. If you do NOT hear that noise, then you MAY have lost a gear in the transmission. Its VERY rare to see transaxle issues on a hydro, but it has happened.

If you do hear that noise then you are spinning the hydro motor so we know the transaxle is fine, and we can move on to other possible issues.