milspec762

26x12x12 Tires on WH 522Xi

milspec762

I think you did very well with the price, ply ratings and style of that tire. I don't have an Xi so I wasn't familiar with the tank style under the tub verses my 520-H but on the same principle, you can raise everything at the base mount or you can just lift the tank. Whatever gets you through the night! 
PS....Black Widow Spiders or the refreshing Vodka and Rum on ice mix? If I start killing 10 or 11 of either, I would be crapping my pants! 

​I wish it  was the refreshing Vodka/Rum on ice mix. Lol Actual Black wido spiders! When I pulled thefender peice off I couldnt see the bottom until set it on the ground. But when I flipped it over.. There was 9 just sitting there. I think Ive killed about 16 now on the tractor. So I'm gonna take a break today on working on it, Seal up the garage and bug/spider bomb it. There was 1 time Im pretty sure I touched one and didn't realize it at the moment.

But also In addition to fitting the wider/taller tires. Im also doing full re-paint, and Installing and testing out a clevis hitch kit that Wheelhorseman1000(lowel) made and ill be providing pictures and  an install video

I also am custom fitting a 42 in scraper box to work with the clevis hitch as well. (might fab a 3 point hitch as well. But Most 3 point attachments seem to big for this size tractor.

• Like 1

milspec762

I think you did very well with the price, ply ratings and style of that tire. I don't have an Xi so I wasn't familiar with the tank style under the tub verses my 520-H but on the same principle, you can raise everything at the base mount or you can just lift the tank. Whatever gets you through the night! 
PS....Black Widow Spiders or the refreshing Vodka and Rum on ice mix? If I start killing 10 or 11 of either, I would be crapping my pants! 

​I actually am not going to raise anything. Im going to cut about 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch off the fenders (theirs a nice line already there to follow) And I think that should be plenty! I want to keep the center of gravity and weight as low as possible.

I think it will look really clean. basically if you look at the line of the gas tank in the pictures, The line im triming to, skirts the tank and would only come down as far as the tank does :-)

milspec762

Hey Guys,

Heres an Update. I was able to mount the body without cutting it. The only thing I had to do was drill 2 new holes for the foot deck's

The tires clear and theres no tire rub or anyhing. Altho it appears to be really close. (Im going to try it out for a few weekends around here before I decide to trim the fenders or not.

Other then that it was relatively easy and bolt on.

IMG_1747.JPG

IMG_1748.JPG

IMG_1749.JPG

IMG_1751.JPG

• Like 1

decksetter

Looks like a very tight fit. I know mine shifts around in off camber situations a little, I would recommend lifting or trimming. The other reason is because if you get into mud it will all cake up in there and if you get anything stuck in the tire it will run the risk of hitting the pan when the wheel goes around. Also I like having the extra clearance in case I would accidentally get my hand in there... I'd like to keep my fingers...

milspec762

Looks like a very tight fit. I know mine shifts around in off camber situations a little, I would recommend lifting or trimming. The other reason is because if you get into mud it will all cake up in there and if you get anything stuck in the tire it will run the risk of hitting the pan when the wheel goes around. Also I like having the extra clearance in case I would accidentally get my hand in there... I'd like to keep my fingers...

​I agree on it being very tight fit.  Ive drove it up and down my road. 3 mile dirt road with bot holes and such. Never once heard it scrape or hit or anything. and dont see any signs of that.

But I do agree, probably going to try trimming it a bit. I had to take care of some chores around here with it and then im pulling it apart again and doing trimming and paint

• Like 1

shallowwatersailor

Is that Lowell's clevis hitch?

milspec762

Is that Lowell's clevis hitch?

​Yup! :D

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

I lthink that stout beefy look is fantastic. Its the clearance thats scaring me, will be watching for updates. If it was my rig, lifting instead of cutting is the direction I would take. Thanks for posting.

Glenn

milspec762

I lthink that stout beefy look is fantastic. Its the clearance thats scaring me, will be watching for updates. If it was my rig, lifting instead of cutting is the direction I would take. Thanks for posting.

Glenn

​Im going to try and lift the body first. But I have a feeling might be easier just to trim.. Will see tho. Ill post updates this weekend when I jump back into it.

• Like 1

alswagg

I added 13 gallons of RV antifreeze I each of my 26" ags for my front loader / backhoe.  Good looking tires.  And horse. 

Dennys502

That is definately aggressive tread. Did you have to raise the tank to get it to fit?
I didn't care for the Kwik-way loader design as none of the pins are fixed and will eventually open up the holes. The top holes for the loader arm pivots and the pivot for the bucket are the worst.

Edited by Dennys502

Dennys502

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0008.JPG

milspec762

That is definately aggressive tread. Did you have to raise the tank to get it to fit?
I didn't care for the Kwik-way loader design as none of the pins are fixed and will eventually open up the holes. The top holes for the loader arm pivots and the pivot for the bucket are the worst.

​No I didnt have to raise the tank to get it to fit. In the pictures you see.... I haven't raised anything yet. Iam going to riase the rear fender/mid deck about 1/2 inch tho and see how the clearance is before I make the decision to cut or not. But the tank had good clearance.

Hmm yikes. I haven't had that issue with any of the pins on mine. Granted haven't had it long. it doesn't look like theirs any issue either.

Why not just drill them out to larger diamert and use larger pins?

Ill send some pics of my kwik-way they pins are much larger then those.

milspec762

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0008.JPG

​How many hours are on yours?

Mine has about 330-340 hrsIMG_1753.thumb.JPG.44425db92aa50779d7f3aIMG_1752.thumb.JPG.d0faad5a33f6bc3396897

Dennys502

These are the standard 3/4 inch pins kwik-way uses. This loader has many many hours on it. I'm going to weld tubing on each side on the outsides and put longer pins in with a bolt to prevent the pins from turning.

This is a picture of what your tractor started out like. This is the first sheet metal parts we got off of the tooling to check fitup. I had the headers off my camaro at work sandblasting them and bolted them on the tractor. One of the engineers snapped the picture.

Denny

5xi.jpg

milspec762

Hey guys,

I custom made lift kit for it. I think it came out perfect. I didn't have to do any cutting of the fenders. the only real thing I had to do was build lift plates an drill extra hole on the foot rest deck. Plus pick up 4 longer screew

Ill post some pictures of the secret sauce soon. But here of the finished product. (tractors not finished yet paint is coming soon)

DSCN3796.JPG

DSCN3795.JPG

DSCN3797.JPG

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

That looks great, boy o boy, some big chunks of meat those tires. Looks factory.  Btw, what seat is that if you know? I like that to, looks cozy and comfy. A+ to me.

Glenn

boovuc

That really turned out great! I love the look. Looks tougher than mine on my 520. Hands down you have a great setup with the loader/tractor and those meats on the back. 

• Like 1

papaglide

I agree with Boo, tractor looks very stout and beefy. Good job.

shallowwatersailor

That's great that you didn't have to do any cutting. It retains the nice balanced appearance. If you were able to get those under the fenders that easily, it means that 24x12.00-12 tires should fit without any problem.

Edited by shallowwatersailor