ericampagna

I have a gt-14 that is currently stuck in the field.  I'd like to tow it back to the barn but I can't seem to find the tow valve. I have looked where the decal says it should be. ( see picture) but my hydrostatic doesn't look like that. The hydro says it's a sundstand 90-1136. It seems like this hydro is not original to this wheel horse. ( I could be wrong)  does anyone know where the tow valve is on this transmission and if it is original to the gt-14

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Brrly1

Does it have a valve with a rolled pin? If it does the longest part of the pin needs to point toward the rear.

ericampagna

I don't see anything.  

ericampagna

Anyone know if this is the original pump or if it has been replaced? 

ericj

so a bigger overview picture that may help. i had a C120 that just shut down one time when plowing 2 houses down the road with ag tires and wheel weights so i had a neighbor pull me back up the road with both rear tires locked up on black top because i have never been able to get my valve loose even to this day. luckily it never seemed to hurt my tractor. i know that 4 wheeler had all he could do to pull me up the road though. if you are in grass or dirt while i don't highly recommend it all the time i would probably just drag it slowly back to were i could work on it. good luck

eric j  

• Like 1

oldredrider

That model should have a slot or square head bolt on the left hand side of the transmission facing forward. Turn that valve counterclockwise one or two turns to release. I would not drag a tractor...put the wheels on a dollie if you  can't move the valve.

• Like 2

fast88pu

If you have a bigger tractor with a FEL lift it and carry it out of the field with it.

Shuboxlover

The third picture tells you what you need to know...

shallowwatersailor

Probably won't help now, but here is what you can do in the future. I've moved a few of my tractors this way. Much better than the first time I moved a tractor with a Hi-Lift Farm Jack two feet at a time!
DSCF9829.thumb.JPG.4d412e8e68638707b03d7

• Like 2

ericampagna

Thanks everyone I found the tow valve but it was very stuck. Fortunately I got my starter replaced while sitting in the field so I was able to drive it back to the barn. :) I'll have to work on getting the tow valve to turn in case k break down again. :) 

• Like 1