Sign in to follow this  
WH212-6

87' 212-6 carburetor

WH212-6

So I just purchased a nicely running WH 212-6 (32-12 K601) and I am in the process of performing some maintenance on the tractor as there were a few TLC issues.

The carb is leaking some gas and I suspected it would be the main O-ring for the bowl and indeed when I opened it the gasket simply was not there.   My main question is in reference to the float.  The float is not level when removing the bowl rather it is tilted downward at an angle from the pin.  Should the float be level once the bowl is removed?

If so what is the best way to remove the pin and the relevel the float.  

There is a great diagram for the carburetor here:  

http://www.mowerpartpros.com/p/wheel-horse-parts/#/Toro_Consumer/32-12K602%2c_212-6_Tractor%2c_1988/CARBURETOR/32-12K602-2664-1988/810543R1-43R10027-00012

Any help would be greatly appreciated.   Thanks!

Edited by WH212-6
  • Like 1

muz123

WH212-6

Hi, I've had one of those beasts for a number of years. I use it to plow,blow snow, mow grass, Great tractor. Almost all that I've seen, including mine, needs a gas shut-off valve. The gas needs to be shut off because of the carb design. Otherwise you will lose most of the gas and it will get into the oil and will need to be drained.

Thanks, Dave

Edited by muz123

WH212-6

Fantastic - I ordered one with my fuel line on amazon today.  Was surprised not to see one on it.  Now I just have to get the 36" rear discharge deck off - Just found manual on this site so should not be a problem now.  It is in good shape but I want to sand off the very little surface rust that is here and there and then paint.   You wouldn't know if the proper wheel horse shade of red paint can be purchased anywhere?  Thanks.

gwest_ca

The float is low on one end because it is not floating in fuel. When it floats up level it should close off the inlet needle valve and stop fuel flow from the tank. To set the float level you take the carb off and turn it upside down. 

Garry

muz123

Fantastic - I ordered one with my fuel line on amazon today.  Was surprised not to see one on it.  Now I just have to get the 36" rear discharge deck off - Just found manual on this site so should not be a problem now.  It is in good shape but I want to sand off the very little surface rust that is here and there and then paint.   You wouldn't know if the proper wheel horse shade of red paint can be purchased anywhere?  Thanks.

​Yes on eBay there is wheel horse paint, the original.  here's mine 

IMG_0333.thumb.JPG.d5c245087fcf6d2c7ba24

Edited by muz123

WH212-6

One more quick question does the 1987 FB460V 212-6 have a oil filter?  I just bought a kit for all the filters for the FB460V motor but I do not see a oil filter.  Is it right that some had the filters while others did not?  The ones that do not have the filter you simply change the oil every 25 hours as opposed to every 50?

If so FB460V new oil filter for sale 5 bucks!

WH212-6

​Yes on eBay there is wheel horse paint, the original.  here's mine 

IMG_0333.thumb.JPG.d5c245087fcf6d2c7ba24

​Sexy - Will be painting mine and will post before after pics once all the parts come in.  Thanks for heads up as to where to find paint.

muz123

No there is no oil filter but i would change the oil every 50 hours. how many hours are there on yours? 10-30 wt oil it takes.

Thanks, Dave

muz123

So I just purchased a nicely running WH 212-6 (32-12 K601) and I am in the process of performing some maintenance on the tractor as there were a few TLC issues.

The carb is leaking some gas and I suspected it would be the main O-ring for the bowl and indeed when I opened it the gasket simply was not there.   My main question is in reference to the float.  The float is not level when removing the bowl rather it is tilted downward at an angle from the pin.  Should the float be level once the bowl is removed?

If so what is the best way to remove the pin and the relevel the float.  

There is a great diagram for the carburetor here:  

http://www.mowerpartpros.com/p/wheel-horse-parts/#/Toro_Consumer/32-12K602%2c_212-6_Tractor%2c_1988/CARBURETOR/32-12K602-2664-1988/810543R1-43R10027-00012

Any help would be greatly appreciated.   Thanks!

​Do you need a plow for your 212-6 because i have an extra that just sits around and takes up space. $100 or best offer, comes with everything you need to hook it up to your 212-6. 

Thanks, Dave

Edited by muz123

WH212-6

Do you have any pics of the plow?  May be good to have if my blower goes down.

On a side note why do some of the WH 212-6 have that long lever on the left side while others do not?  Is that part of certain mowing deck systems used to raise and lower the deck on the fly?

WH212-6

The float is low on one end because it is not floating in fuel. When it floats up level it should close off the inlet needle valve and stop fuel flow from the tank. To set the float level you take the carb off and turn it upside down. 

Garry

​Thank you Gary - So I'll assume if it was running ok that the fuel leak was because the o-ring was missing from the bowl and that there was not a fuel shut off valve installed.  In that case I'll let the float be and simply add the oring and change all the filters and oil.  Thanks again this site is so very helpful.

muz123

On a side note why do some of the WH 212-6 have that long lever on the left side while others do not?  Is that part of certain mowing deck systems used to raise and lower the deck on the fly?

​the lever that is on my 212-6 is for the plow and blower, it is very rare. It would come with the plow I'm selling.

WH212-6

​the lever that is on my 212-6 is for the plow and blower, it is very rare. It would come with the plow I'm selling.

​Please post some pictures of plow - now you have me reeled in.

muz123

here are some pictures of just the plow 

100_3554.thumb.JPG.0b494497522965997ccad100_3555.thumb.JPG.ab4d5857c5bcce15e594a100_3556_1024.thumb.jpg.42a6ddee386c674b

muz123

here is one of it on the tractor, you can mount a plow and deck at the same time on it. If your going to plow i would just mount the plow and take off the deck for support.

IMG_0395.thumb.JPG.058b823e46c17ef6a8c70

WH212-6

Thanks for the pictures - looks to be be in good condition.  Once I get my beast in the shape I think it deserves I'll revisit this.  I am very interested.  Do you know the total weight of all parts required?

WH212-6

Can you plow dirt at all with it?  Would be great for leveling some parts of my lawn.

muz123

Can you plow dirt at all with it?  Would be great for leveling some parts of my lawn.

​yes you can

muz123

Almost forgot to say Welcome to Redsquare!

muz123

were are you located? i could find the weight.

Edited by muz123

WH212-6

Thank you - this group is great and I'll be posting quite a bit now that I've got a WH.  I live in Upstate NY and when I bought it I didn't notice the shop sticker that was on it.  The mower actually came from NJ very close to the house I grew up in so was def a good sign.  

I seriously want that plow.  Please hold for me.  Ill be in a better position to purchase in a month.  

WH212-6

Im in Fairport NY which is right outside of Rochester.  

muz123

Thats over 7 hours drive. Shipping would probably be at least $50 (will have to check with UPS).
Dave

WH212-6

No there is no oil filter but i would change the oil every 50 hours. how many hours are there on yours? 10-30 wt oil it takes.

Thanks, Dave

600 hours on it.  Not too bad for a 87.

muz123

Thanks, Dave

600 hours on it.  Not too bad for a 87.

​i got around 901 and still doesn't burn oil and runs great. I think they will go around 2,000 hours.

Edited by muz123
  • Like 1