Steve1940Ford

Measurements Snow Blade/ plow to fit a 417-A

Steve1940Ford

Hi,

I am helping my friend put a snow/blade/plow on his 417-A Wheelhorse tractor. He has a Wheelhorse blade model 69622 that has been shortened to use on a Ford tractor. What I need are the measurements from the rear cross pin to the lift connection and width of the frame of the carrier assembly on that end and inside width at the latch point.. Also is there other differences that will need to be changed to fit this tractor? I have the rear latch assembly to put on his tractor to latch it on.

Thanks

stevasaurus

Steve...take a look at this thread and see if it helps.  It is an old thread and some of the pictures have been lost but this may be useful.  I have a long frame blade in the garage, but it is a 6-4114 blade.  The measurements may be the same and I can get them if you like.  Can you post a picture of yours?  :)

If these pictures look like your blade, I can take measurements.

post-818-0-97122100-1430414224_thumb.jpg

post-818-0-65674400-1430414264_thumb.jpg

post-818-0-41547500-1430414294_thumb.jpg

Steve1940Ford

post-14999-0-64686200-1430415744_thumb.jpost-14999-0-53384100-1430415766_thumb.jThanks for the reply. After looking at the photos I need to move the handle back to the right side. I have posted 2 photos of the blade. If your blade will fit a 417-A I would love measurements of the under carriage.

Thanks again

Steve

stevasaurus

BTW...Welcome to Red Square.  Check this link...as you can see there are many types.  Yours looks like it was a long frame blade...like mine, and the 417A looks like it should take a long frame blade.  I'll take some measurements.  :)

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/forum/30-dozer-blades-and-blowers/

stevasaurus

OK...in the manuals section, I found this for you.  417-A (1985) Snow blade # 06-42BC02  for the 42" blade...06-48BC01 for the 48" blade.  Here is the manual for the 42" blade and it looks like the one I have...kind of.  :)  Here is the manual...this will show you what it looks like.

Measurements to follow shortly.  :)

stevasaurus

See if this works for you.  Let me know.  :)

post-818-0-32164000-1430420086_thumb.jpg

You may want to adjust the lift bar and where the lever goes that turns the blade.  I would do the whole length first.  The lift lever bar should be like right under the hole from the lift.  The blade turn lever is something you may have to look at.  The lever has to come up next to the tractor frame and (depending on what you have there) between the foot rest, running board and has to be able to go forward and backward enough to turn the blade.  You may also have to put some bends in the lever to make it so.  See the manual lever and the straight one you have. 

There are other members that actually have a 417-A...if they see this, they may chime in.  :)

• Like 1

Steve1940Ford

WOW! Thanks for the Welcome and a Great big Thank You for taking the time to reply with all the info and especially getting all the measurements & even a drawing. I will be getting this project going on my spare time and will certainly let you know the results. Thanks again.

Steve

• Like 2