Save Old Iron

What has been seen cannot be unseen

chazm

Just wrong on soooo many levels.... :no: 

I couldn't see the name on the jack stand .... possible "Pine"  :scratchead:   certainly not the top of the line brand  " Oak"  :eusa-doh:

• Like 1

bmsgaffer

Wow. I am impressed at his reasonable ability to perform surgery with a rusty MACHETE. Holy freaking cow that's a big soldering iron.

• Like 1

C-101plowerpower

Wow. I am impressed at his reasonable ability to perform surgery with a rusty MACHETE. Holy freaking cow that's a big soldering iron.

Looks more like a soldering pole

• Like 1

Save Old Iron

19richie66

I have to give him an A for effort because he made it work but he fails miserably when it comes to common sense. He is one of the reasons we have warning labels on products.

• Like 6

zieg72

Uh...I got nothing.

• Like 1

953 nut

:help:    I knew a welder years back (not me) who was repairing a truck frame on a COE, didn't remove the battery or even cover it. When he stopped to check his work the rod hit the battery terminal, exploded it and fried every wire in the truck. His leathers, gloves and hood diminished his injuries. My guess is that this is his grandson, got to be!

• Like 2

wallfish

And I thought I was a HACK

If you think that 1st video was dangerous with batteries, check out one of his other videos here. No need to wait too long for the fun stuff in this one!

• Like 2

Save Old Iron

He welds in shorts and sandals, he swings a pick axe in sandals, dumps out battery acid in shorts and sandals! God help us all if he is doing this all commando style!

He will eat well this month. I can't get enough of his videos on You Tube.

• Like 1

Save Old Iron

If you think that 1st video was dangerous with batteries, check out one of his other videos here. No need to wait too long for the fun stuff in this one!

to paraphase the video

"if I take several bum lithium ion cells and place them into a gutted lead acid battery, the result will still be better than the dead lead acid battery"

well yesssssssss ....... but 1000 times more dangerous to recharge properly!  And the previous power supply video suggests our battery charging basics are not quite what they should be. So stay tuned for future campfire follies!

This is like changing out a punctured 10 year old spare tire in my car with a 1 year old punctured spare and justifying to the effort by saying that at least the hole in the newer tire is smaller. Complete disregard for the purpose of having a spare to begin with.

And lets rewind the tapes on this video and the first video. In the first video, the comment is made to indicate battery acid is not dangerous because it is 90 percent water and half percent acid and some "remaining other stuff".

Fast forward to the above video, sandals and shorts and GLOVES on with a lead acid battery splashing wildly into a bucket. The scene is followed by comments regarding having to take a shower to remove battery acid and a finger point to his camera tripod eaten away by battery acid. Now I'm confused Rinoa Super-Genius - BATTERY ACID - friend or foe?

Let's go to Thumper for the safety tip of the day.

post-1689-0-42443000-1429329771_thumb.gi

Edited by Save Old Iron
  • Like 3

Save Old Iron

John, thanks for that video but I think he up'd his game a little on this one. Again, fun starts right off as you see a battery. a sledge hammer and a drilling spike.

Save Old Iron

Knew it , knew it, knew it. Just didn't see enough of his posts yet.

Darwin award goes to

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:omg:  WOW!!!     :silence:

Save Old Iron

I have to give him an A for effort because he made it work but he fails miserably when it comes to common sense. He is one of the reasons we have warning labels on products.

Not to hit on him too hard but he did not make it work. The power supply should be able to delivery up to 30 volts. The beginning of the video shows about 5 volts max and the end of the video shows no better.  The whole process ended with a characteristic "whatever" and just using it to charge smaller batteries.

I do give him credit for attempting a fix, but in electronics, being inexperienced, ignorant and haphazard can get you killed or severely injured.

Edited by Save Old Iron

19richie66

That's great! "Didn't burn, just got a little lead on me." Duh, whats the lead covered in? Uh........Battery acid!

• Like 1

chazm

Well I'm out to the garage to short out all my batterys to give them a ....  "kick in the rump"   :scratchead: 

You know what bothers me the most is that there are some people out there with no electronic knowledge, who watch this & will take all of this clowns BS as gospel. :eusa-doh:  

• Like 1

squonk

WHAT A WHACKO!!!!

He'll be on the national news show some evening in the future! 

JimD

As entertaining and dangerous as this kid is, I have to wonder what he's doing with all of his discarded lead/acid waste. The only other remaining question to be answered is..

What would squonk name that tractor? :ychain::ROTF:

A true how not to do something post. Thanks for this one Chuck. I'm sure it will keep me out of trouble. :)

• Like 1

squonk

I was thinking "What would the DEC and EPA say about this?" He may get a visit from the "Authorities" hence my nightly news reference. This guys is certainly a "hold my beer and watch this " kind of guy. If he keeps at it, he'll have more scars than Steve. The Tractors name? Why The Hindenburg of course!

• Like 3

Save Old Iron

When the EPA shows up, he will be ready for them.  Then fast forward to 10:40 for a quick explanation of VHS sleeve quality and to peel back another layer on this deep fried onion of entertainment

Edited by Save Old Iron
  • Like 1

Martin

Chuck, i watched the first video and realized that 12 minutes and 33 seconds was gone forever. i left this thread alone for a day or so.......

then today i came back and refused to watch the hole drilling video, but the dc power supply peaked my interest just a little......

should have known better.... another 11 minutes of time wasted here......

I'm done with this thread as of right now, thats it, NO MORE.....

maybe, until.......

its like driving past a fatal car accident. now I'm wondering about the holes in sheet metal video....

:angry-cussingblack: Chuck!!!! 

• Like 3

squonk

I like how he says he's cleaned something and it's a disgusting mess!  :)

Save Old Iron

I'm done with this thread as of right now, thats it, NO MORE.....

maybe, until.......

its like driving past a fatal car accident. now I'm wondering about the holes in sheet metal video....

:angry-cussingblack: Chuck!!!! 

OK Martin,

how about if I sweeten the deal with one word...

Onan !

post-1689-0-36052200-1429522538.png

Edited by Save Old Iron

Save Old Iron

Still no interest?

How about the words Onan, leap frog, injury, puncture, flesh, bone, and duct tape!!

eh, eh?

Trouty56

Shaves his legs......

• Like 2