Dieselcowboy

Ground speed of tractors

Dieselcowboy

Where could I find how fast a stock tractor goes? I'm wanting to spray with one of my horses and need to be in the 4.5 - 5 mph range

stevasaurus

It might say on the 1st page of the manual for your horse.  If not, you could use a GPS while riding...it will tell you your speed.  :)

Forest Road

It is listed in owners manuals. Top speed is 5.5. If it's really important I'd check it w a gps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hodge71

It is listed in owners manuals. Top speed is 5.5. If it's really important I'd check it w a gps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless its a D series, GT-14 or a 520HC. Then is much quicker

Dieselcowboy

My top choice to use is a 753 4 sp next is a C160 auto or a b-80 4 sp

gwest_ca

The 854 should be the same as the 753 and the OM says forward speed up to 6 mph.

Garry

Tankman

Your avatar 520-8? Great Horse!   :)

APPROXIMATE GROUND SPEEDS (at Full Throttle)

Gear              Low Range                                       High Range

1st                    .5 mph (.8 kph)                                2 mph (3.2 kph)

2nd                  .8 mph (1.3 kph)                                3.2 mph (5.7 kph)

3rd                  1.4mph (2.2 kph)                               5.5 mph (8.8 kph)

Rev.    .           7 mph (1.1 kph)                                 2.6 mph (4.2 kph)

Sorry, speeds  above for the 520-8.  :eek: 

Edited by Tankman

shallowwatersailor

That looks to be correct for all the 8-speed transmissions. I just finished fertilizing using my broadcast spreader and the ground speed called for is 3 mph. I use my C-105 specifically for that purpose in 2nd Gear High Range.

Also add the 5xi to the speedy tractors as the top speed is 7.2 mph in Hi Range, Lo is 4.4 mph.

Dans wheelhorse

Those still won't beat a d-250....

• Like 1

papaglide

My 522xi hasn't even approached 7mph. Bummer. It probably hits around 5. I will check it out with my gps thought.

Dieselcowboy

Here is what it will be. The 753

post-6454-0-48220500-1429101303_thumb.jp

• Like 2

shallowwatersailor

My 522xi hasn't even approached 7mph. Bummer. It probably hits around 5. I will check it out with my gps thought.

Mike, did you ever adjust the pedal play? That may be the reason for not getting the speed. I know that my 523Dxi currently has undersized ags (23x8.50-12) on it  and is slower than the other two.

papaglide

John, I have been fiddling with it since I bought it. I measured with the gps,last evening and this is what I got:

Hi- 6mph in F and 3 in R

Lo- 3mph in F and 1 in R

I guess that it was faster than I thought.

Edited by papaglide

Save Old Iron

Regulation of ground speed is all fine and dandy. How are you going to assure your dispense rate stays constant?

Without consistency in both, you cannot achieve even broadcast of your payload.

Tankman

Retired, enjoy maintaining the Horses. They need it, they get it!

Speed? I really don't care. Settle in for all the seat time I can get, or the grandsons, or sons. We all need seat time, ride 'em cowboys!

Today I was offered a D-250 ran great with a jump start, dead battery. Owner uses Kubota's now and, if I ask, probably zero bucks or, pay me sometime.

Should I pick the Stallion up? I never cared for Renault. Guess I'll get the Horse dropped off then find room in my barn.  ;)

I am part German so......................

• Like 1

KC9KAS

Retired, enjoy maintaining the Horses. They need it, they get it!

Speed? I really don't care. Settle in for all the seat time I can get, or the grandsons, or sons. We all need seat time, ride 'em cowboys!

Today I was offered a D-250 ran great with a jump start, dead battery. Owner uses Kubota's now and, if I ask, probably zero bucks or, pay me sometime.

Should I pick the Stallion up? I never cared for Renault. Guess I'll get the Horse dropped off then find room in my barn.  ;)

I am part German so......................

You better get that D-250 before he sells it to someone else!

• Like 1