GT14

Engine Upgrade C-175 Auto

GT14

Getting back to work on the project.

Went with solid mounts for now, offset is about 1.5 inch. the engine shaft has a step down which doesn't allow drive to be close to the engine case.

post-4239-0-41156400-1430472522_thumb.jp

post-4239-0-45358600-1430472707_thumb.jp

Also added new rims and rubber

post-4239-0-13082100-1430472571_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Toasty

looking great so far.

Wheel-N-It

Yes, looking good. Curious how this is going to perform for you.

GT14

Hoods back on

post-4239-0-84616500-1430648414_thumb.jp

post-4239-0-74577200-1430648441_thumb.jp

• Like 2

elliot ness
  1. Very nice fab work  .I  like the idea of an electric clutch. :bow-blue:  :bow-blue:  :bow-blue: :bow-blue:  :bow-blue:  

GT14

The new Models are out!

post-4239-0-71784600-1430950085_thumb.jp

• Like 9

chex313

I would like to place my order! :bow-blue:

Need a couple covers for the Mufflers...

post-14901-0-74321300-1430953794.jpg

Edited by chex313

shallowwatersailor

The new Models are out!

attachicon.gifIMG_1483.JPG

Are the Pepper Pots going to provide enough backpressure? I like the new decals!

Theroundhousernr

If the motor would have been at the proper height for the belt guard, I take it the motor wouldn't have fit? That thing must be a beast of a thing not to fit under a black hood!

Pullstart

yeah that'll sound good n mean!

GT14
All mechanical work is done, I am repairiing the plastic fender now.
Have the key installed in dash and used original choke and throttle cables.

IMG_1503.thumb.JPG.7b6dfd742482205afea17

New Headlights installed.
IMG_1502.thumb.JPG.74265c425c85385302dea
Broken fender will be repaired with a piece of 1/8 ABS, sheet metal and JB Weld.
IMG_1486.thumb.JPG.1b00155d85cd5e02338f8

IMG_1489.thumb.JPG.81f824897e4adc92ebd35IMG_1491.thumb.JPG.7e45bab8999e97b33f17a

• Like 4

GT14
Fender is done!
IMG_1507.thumb.JPG.0b3aea0456c0961a94148IMG_1509.thumb.JPG.30db706cc4fc7521de77fIMG_1510.thumb.JPG.128dd73fbb170e2bc23c4
  • Like 7

bmsgaffer

Nice! Now put that fender up on a shelf so it doesn't break again! :hide:

• Like 2

GT14

Nice! Now put that fender up on a shelf so it doesn't break again! :hide:

​Tractor would look odd without a seat pan. ;-)  Would love to find a nice metal replacement, the plastic is not my style.

Edited by GT14
  • Like 1

Catmanii

I have had to repair mine also, just a long crack. I used fiberglass on the inside and smoothed it back up and painted the pan. The plastic pans are a real pain to get gas in the tank since it's so far down to the cap.  I also would like a metal pan, but so far stayed with the plastic since that's what come on it.

• Like 1

bowtieguy

I have a couple C-175's, both with blown engines, so I have been following your project....my local HF will not bring in an engine to their store...says I must order it on line.
So, did you order on line and what was total cost?....did you have to pay for shipping>?

500 bucks sounds like alot of money to put on an ole WH but compared to 2K for a new "throwaway mtd" it sounds like a "no brainer".....

Does the engine have holes to mount a manual WH pto?

Also my local HF told me that the HF store in Independence, MO has one on display (not for sale)...may have to make a trip and look at it!!

Edited by bowtieguy
  • Like 2

GT14

I have a couple C-175's, both with blown engines, so I have been following your project....my local HF will not bring in an engine to their store...says I must order it on line.
So, did you order on line and what was total cost?....did you have to pay for shipping>?

500 bucks sounds like alot of money to put on an ole WH but compared to 2K for a new "throwaway mtd" it sounds like a "no brainer".....

Does the engine have holes to mount a manual WH pto?

Also my local HF told me that the HF store in Independence, MO has one on display (not for sale)...may have to make a trip and look at it!!
--------------------------------------
If you can still use coupon code (21741290) you can get it for 524$ Shipping is 6.95$
Lots of tapped hole on the side to mount PTO (I am not using the manual type because of side trust on the crank bearing)

shallowwatersailor

See if your store has the 13,500 Peak/11,000 Running Watts generator. You could save yourself mileage as it uses the same engine. If you can hold out, I'm thinking that HF may run a 25% coupon for 7/4.

• Like 1

GT14

See if your store has the 13,500 Peak/11,000 Running Watts generator. You could save yourself mileage as it uses the same engine. If you can hold out, I'm thinking that HF may run a 25% coupon for 7/4.

​Regular coupons exclude Predator engines. The code I mentioned is the only one that worked. If you call customer service they can tell you about promotions and what works.

shallowwatersailor

Good to know that coupon works. I know that is what the coupon normally says - but I have used a 25% coupon (it even said excluded Predator engines) to purchase a 13 hp engine online. Another forum member has also had success. I think the key is to do it online and have it shipped.

It doesn't hurt to at least try.

Edited by shallowwatersailor
  • Like 1

GT14

I have had to repair mine also, just a long crack. I used fiberglass on the inside and smoothed it back up and painted the pan. The plastic pans are a real pain to get gas in the tank since it's so far down to the cap.  I also would like a metal pan, but so far stayed with the plastic since that's what come on it.

​Mine was a real mess, long crack down the middle (front and back), small cracks on both side and the big chug missing. I took about 8 hrs. to do all the repairs and paint.

Aldon

The coupon listed in this thread has evidently expired. A new 20% off coupon (any one item) is available June 1st. Probably in store will not allow use on engine but online it appeared to work. I may grab one and retrofit my C161 as I have a spare electric clutch handy. I have a foot control kit I have been holding onto as i wanted a more reliability. My Briggs is attention needy. This engine, clutch and foot controlled hydro should be just the ticket:-)

• Like 2

bowtieguy

Made a trip to the Independence MO store...they have one on display....AND ONE IN STOCK for sale...now to wait for the right coupon!!!

• Like 2

bmsgaffer

Cool! Can we get a start up and running video?

That thing looks loud with the pepper pots on there!