Horse46

Beautiful day and my first lawn cut.

Horse46

16 degrees today in Wales, and I couldn't resist. I've cut my lawn for the first time with the  :wh:  :woohoo:

Once I'd adjusted the cut it was all go.

I got half way through and then a sudden drop in power, oh no I thought, but as I looked at the engine I noticed the wire on the coil had come off.  2mins later and I was off again  :chores-mowlawn:

Very happy owner  :grin:

• Like 7

squonk

The's over 3 feet of snow in my yard still!  :disgust:

SHOW OFF!!!!!!!!!!!  :)  :) 

• Like 3

tunahead72

Really.  I've only got about 6" of that stuff in my yard, but there's a nasty layer of ice and mud under that, I'm starting to wonder if it will EVER dry out.

Horse46, I'm assuming you mean 16 degrees Celsius, that still only translates to about 61 degrees Fahrenheit.  At 61 degrees, I'm still trying not to think about mowing. :)

Tell us about your tractor, and we do still love photos.

AMC RULES

:wwp:of you "showing off."   :chores-mowlawn:

• Like 2

Wishin4a416

Long time before green grass grows here. Have fun!!

Horse46

This the only one I have, the wife took it for her amusement.

post-14145-0-61248100-1425771051_thumb.j

• Like 5

boovuc

I dug a hole through the snow and glacier in the back yard and managed to get down to the earth's crust after an hour. I did find some grass with some left-over chlorophyll. So I cut it with a pair of scissors.

So there! Central Pennsylvania and Wales are very similar!  :roll:

Seriously.......I'm happy you could cut the grass and that she is running well! We will have to wait awhile in regard to 16 Celsius days and the green green grass of home! Two more weeks before geological Spring arrives! 

• Like 1

953 nut

:woohoo:  â€‹That would be about 61 Fahrenheit, we are a few weeks away from that here in the states. Looking forward to seat time wityh a mower rather than a blower! 

stevasaurus

OK...let's talk about this.  At first thought, I feel there should be a rule that you can not talk about lawns until April...on the other hand, if I was going to watch a video of mowing grass...it would be now.  It is always summer or spring somewhere.  :)

That is a very nice picture...be about a month and a half to have that here.  :)

• Like 1

Horse46

All this talk of snow an you have me wishing I was blowing or pushing snow instead of mowing grass.

If we get snow here it's never enough to worry about let alone buying blowers or blades.

farmer

Horse46,

I'm faced with cutting my grass too   :teasing-tease: .... Uuuuugh,    took the last cut on the first week of December, seems like the decks only just dried off !!

tiggercl, you get that weird 'upside down weather' :)  :)..  Do you have to mow all year round, or do you get time off ?

squonk

tiggercl, you get that weird 'upside down weather' :)  :)..  

Everything runs in reverse. You have to remember to put your mower blades on backwards "Down There"  :)  :eusa-whistle:

• Like 1

Horse46

Don't you wish.... December workout....

I'm kinda glad my garden isn't as large as your field, I think I would require something bigger than my C 101 to shorten that lot!

Horse46

Horse46,

I'm faced with cutting my grass too   :teasing-tease: .... Uuuuugh,    took the last cut on the first week of December, seems like the decks only just dried off !!

tiggercl, you get that weird 'upside down weather' :)  :)..  Do you have to mow all year round, or do you get time off ?

I did mine end of October, washed and emptied everything and then we had another month of sunshine and showers doh!

This was my virgin cut on the Horse though so, I had to rather than needed to.

tiggercl

All year round mowing is necessary although it does slow up a bit during the summer months as the ground dries out.

520-H with 60" deck takes between 3 1/2 to 4 hours each session with a few 'hot' refuelling stops....

Good 'seat' time.... it's therapeutic ;o)

• Like 3

oaktown1987

Mines all melting Thursday it's going to be 61

Here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brrly1

Cut grass, I can't even see it, but I can see about three ton of dog droppings!!! I can hardly wait!!!

• Like 2

squonk

John aren't big dogs great!

Pullstart

that's why most people keep a blower on one rig year round isn't it?

• Like 1

Brrly1

Yeah, but what can you do??? He's my Best friend!!!

Pullstart

I'd rather have one of them best friends and wear muckin' boots all year round than not!  some day I'll have my 'horse and a doggie too.

• Like 1