Sign in to follow this  
sshell

Fall Plowing

sshell

Hey gents, Picked up a 10" plow and had to try it out. :thumbs: I did not have a slot hitch on the GT-1142 so I stole the hitch and cable off my mortaly wounded 702 :banghead: and presto :lol: works like a charm :omg: Here are a couple of pics. hope you all like them.

tractors042.jpg

tractors041.jpg

tractors043.jpg

I put a little weight on it to help out till I can get the adjuster freed up :USA:

Not bad for $25

Steve

HorseFixer

Looks like that workhorse is getting the job done for ya! Its getting a work out! :banghead:

Cheers Duke

Duff

Not bad for $25? Yeah, I'd say you got a great deal there! :USA:

That looks like some good soil you got there! Micah, whatcha think?

Duff :banghead:

Rideawaysenior

Sshell,

I picked up the same type of plow this year at the show in PA. Mine also needed to have some weight added to it to help is dig. I see the three point models from Brinley coming out with a factory added weight. I used a 312-H with the Eaton 1100 hydro to pull mine. It worked hard mostly because of the engine and trans combo but did the job well. I tried the last few passes with a C125 and you would not have known that the plow was even there. I've got a three acre plot down the street from me that I am farming next year and I decided to till it up and see the soil condition. I tell you it was fun. After I plowed, I broke the furrows with my D160 and the 50in tiller. It also did a fantastic job. If my Farmall H or JohnDeere B had feelings, I'd bet they would have been hurt LOL.

sshell

Thanks Gents. :omg: I used 6-12 tires on the back, all I had, and they hardly even spun at all. :banghead: Old girl showed me a thing or two and never got tired. I have to admit that it was a blast :horseplay: The soil here is real good, original Kankakee river bottom area. My sons and nephew took a turn at it as well, can tell the differance between my 275lbs and there 100lbs :USA: here is another pic.

100_1304.jpg

Steve

MaineDad

Steve,

That looks like great soil! Nice job on the plow. Those 6x12 tires are a big help when it comes to traction. Make sure the landslide is riding straight and nearly flat in the furrow to get maximum soil flip. Did you disc it after?

Enjoy!

BairleaFarm

Sweet. At l;east one of us has a plow that worked when we bought it. Thanks for posting pics

sshell

Steve,

That looks like great soil! Nice job on the plow. Those 6x12 tires are a big help when it comes to traction. Make sure the landslide is riding straight and nearly flat in the furrow to get maximum soil flip. Did you disc it after?

Enjoy!

I finished up at dark so I will disc Thursday when i get home from work. the 6-12's worked great, I thought they would be to narow, live and learn. I also picked up a spike tooth harrow and will try it out tomarow as well. I'll take more pics :banghead:

Steve