ernie laware

two stage berco wo238 blower

ernie laware

New to site, wheel horse owner since 1986, bought new 418a, 48" mower, tiller, berco two stage blower with cab.

This blower has ALWAYS preformed way beyond expectations until this winter.

Newish Kevlar 62" belt began to squeal and I replaced it with another gates Kevlar, same problem, bought belt conditioner and it's a little better but still squealing--seems to be coming from the engine PTO pulley.

Have ordered but not received a new black regular belt like the one's I have used for the past 30 years. Maybe that will solve the squeal problem but what I am asking for is any solutions to this problem from other W/H members.

Also would like to find another wo238 bercomac blower for standby. Have 417a with redone engine that it would go on.

Ernie

WH nut

Make sure all your bearings are good

gwest_ca

Would not be surprised if it was the pto clutch slipping. They will make quite a squeal. Shorten the linkage up one turn and try again. Keep doing it until the squeal quits. Then pull the pto bell off and check the thickness of the clutch lining. You don't want the rivets to contact the plate as they will wear grooves in it real quick.

Garry

ericj

my pto was slipping on my 520-H with a 2 stage blower, didn't even know it but blower was throwing like it had in years past so i tightened the pto clutch a couple of turns and it made a big difference, now the clutch squeals so i have to look and see if it needs tightened more or if it is glazed and needs cleaned

eric j