Sign in to follow this  
Rollerman

Garage/Workshop Section?

HorseFixer

Well :USA: Mr. Nick just had to go and out do me didn't you! :omg: I see you have some nice equipment in your garage! I see Ya have that JET Wet bandsaw which is just like my ACRA I just bought one used for $ 250.00 from aguy who started a machine shop and went belly up. And I also spy I think which is Lincoln 255 with digital adjustments, I have have the standard model but added a stitch control panel and also purchased a Lincoln Square Wave 175 Tig Machine and built my own cart with dual bottles and stacked the machines for less footprint space in the garage! :thumbs:GIVES ME MORE FLOOR SPACE TO STORE MORE JUNK AND MAKE MORE OF A MESS!! :lol: Anyways I conceede you got me beat!!! :banghead:

Cheers Duke

BandSaw Nick Does This Look Like Yer Jet?

ACRASAW.jpg

Welders Front View

ACRASAW001.jpg

Welders Stacked On Rolling Cart.

ACRASAW003.jpg

KyBlue

Duke... seeing as that your soo short on space... Ill come get that saw and the welders to free up a bit of room for ya! Just think of how much extra room thatd give ya

Rollerman

Scott I've been there & I don't think it be enough. :banghead:

Guys since this thread has merged from an idea for a "garage area on RS" to a full blown thread with pics & some great chatter...I figured I'd move it to the non tractor discussion area.

Hope no one minds & lets keep the pics & comments comeing.

Scott I'll try & return your initial sugestion to the right area & hopefully Karl or Chris & the other mods will like it. :USA:

HorseFixer

Duke... seeing as that your soo short on space... Ill come get that saw and the welders to free up a bit of room for ya! Just think of how much extra room thatd give ya

Well Nick has got my juices flowing on some of the stuff he has built aka: The loader and things, I have yet to lay a spot weld on anything so far but am fixing too! I have a tube of silicone bronze wire that may be in order to fix that 701 hood that will work great with the Tig Welder :banghead: too many ponies here need a face lift and they may get mad at ya if I take their HORSEFIXIN tools away! :USA:

Nick

Duke, The welder and saw are both my brothers. We bought him the 64.5" standard bandsaw for his birthday (always buy gifts you can use :USA: ). The welder is a Miller 255 that he got to do a welding job then I got it to use after that. The unheated garage and my cats have done a number on the paint. I can put in pictures of what stray cats do in a garage for more bonus points. :banghead: Also have the old Sears stick welder Ive never learned to use. Have not tried in years so should give it another go for the heavy jobs.

tools003.jpg

tools002.jpg

tools001.jpg

HorseFixer

Nick I new that was a Lincoln 255, Was dissapointed the Jet bandsaw is just like mine but I see it doesnt have the wet attachment. :banghead::USA: none the less you have some nice stuff and it shows with the equipment you have built!

Duke

DOC in Kentucky

Well guys, I am pretty picky when it come to my garage/shop. :USA: Now the garage attached to the house that the wife keeps her car in catches all the junk but my free standing 24 x 32 shop is as neat as a pin always. :omg:

As a matter of fact the wife is always giving me crap about how neat and clean it is but in the home I don't even pick my socks or the read newspaper or put dishes in the sink or pick up my towel afyer a shower or - the list goes on and on and on :banghead:

perry

mine gets messy/cluttered for a day or 2 sometimes, but then i cant stand it and do a cleanup. but i like to keep the work area swept up daily. i cant stand clutter, but i cant seem to get rid of it. :USA: . like most of us, i just need a pole barn :banghead:

KyBlue

Hmmm Well seeing all of ya'lls work space, messy or not... gettin me jazzed up to build my own.. This weekend cant get here fast enough! hhaha

HorseFixer
Hmmm Well seeing all of ya'lls work space, messy or not... gettin me jazzed up to build my own..

Brrly1

Duke You got that right !! The bigger the better!! Burly

KyBlue

Well im limited in space, as well as construction technique... You'll just have to wait and see - this is a rental house... with no garage so I have to be able to take it with me.

Eh when I buy my own place - it'll have something like a 60x100 or even a 100x100 with a nice loft area..

HorseFixer

Eh when I buy my own place - it'll have something like a 60x100 or even a 100x100 with a nice loft area..

60 X 100? I like it! :D mines 24 X 50 with a 12 X 30 add on and its no way big enough! :hide:

Duke

daemon2525

When this thread started, I thought about getting some pictures of mine .

But now it does not matter. "I'm out"

CasualObserver

I'm thinking anybody can have a messy shop... what I want to know is who can manage to keep one CLEAN? :hide:

Nick

Larry, come on post some pictures. :hide:

Jason, I dont know if just anybody can have a messy garage. I think it takes years of practice and maybe a certain pride in ones ability to properly overfill a garage. :D

By the way i do clean the garage. Started right after I took the pictures. :hide: Down to the hard job of finding space for everything or getting rid of it.

clean002.jpgclean003.jpg

clean004.jpgclean001.jpg

Butch

I'm thinking anybody can have a messy shop... what I want to know is who can manage to keep one CLEAN? :hide:

My garage has been messy for 5 years and I finally got it cleaned up. It took 5 weeks to do it. I had to buy more cabinets and tool boxes but what a difference it made. I could never find anything. Now everything has a place and it's marked. I'm determined to keep it clean and put ALL my tools back when done. I couldn't believe how many duplicates I had of things not knowing I already had one. I could never find a screwdriver. Turns out I have 40 of them. I could never find a drill bit. I have hundreds of them. It's nice knowing I can go right to something I need without spending days looking for it or buying another one!! Some of you guys need a much larger shop or garage.

Butch

HorseFixer

Ja-Tee you are correctomungo its dang hard to keep a shop clean I admit it! I have had mine clean 20 times since I built it in 1990. What usually happens is I get involved in a new project and things just go to hell in a hand basket! I just get so caught up in the actual work I never take time in the clean up part. No one takes into account of the clean up time in a project! :omg: The next thing ya know one project runs into another and before long you have a whopper of a mess, and then ya just don't give a chit anymore! "SOUND FAMILIAR"? The other thing that comes into play with this is I hate to throw things away! About 4 years ago my garage was 5 times messier than NICKS :D and I am not kidding I did a wale of a clean up and threw a 15 yard dumpster of stuff away :imstupid: and cried the whole time! <_<

The good part about keeping a shop clean however it is safer, more efficient and productive, enjoyable, and makes you feel proud when someone comes over and you show em yer horses. And most important when clean and properly organized!!! You can store and hold more horses :hide: The good far out weighs the bad, but you are correct keeping it clean is what we should strive for! It's just so hard to make clean up fun!

I have had guys tell me if ya haven't used something in say two years throw it away you never will use it! I just cant do that! What a person needs to do is be practical and disciplined in keeping their shops clean! Maybe what we need is a clean shop contest! or clean shop of the month award verified and sworn in blood by a fellow member! :omg: anyways a clean shop is a happy shop! :D

Well gents this weekend is the weekend Im gonna clean my shop!!!!

Duke

HorseFixer

Well I just went out and got busy and cleaned up my garage!!! :hide: Just kidding this is a picture from 1995 13 years ago! :D See I wasnt allways so messy! :hide:

92320083009.jpg

92320083010.jpg

92320083011.jpg

92320083012.jpg

92320083013.jpg

C-Series14

You guys got some.....uh......cluttered barns and garages! :D I don't feel so bad now, I am not alone. My problem is, too many tools and power equipment, not enough space for the garage and as for the barn, it does have some open space. I have a 24' x 32' pole barn and just added a 14' x 20' overhang for the enclosed trailer. I will have to take some pics this weekend, gonna clean out both now thanks to all you guys!!! :hide:

Teddy da Bear

Maybe we can start another thread and have a "Messy Garage" contest?

One picture from each contestant. It must include at least one wheel horse and be taken recently. May the "Dirtiest ol' Man" win! :hide:

buckrancher

:D just thought I show off my nightmare

getting anything done out here is like :D

hope you feel my pain :hide:

100_2397.jpg

100_2396.jpg

100_2403.jpg

there is a 5hp 60 gallon tank air compresser under that pile

100_2404.jpg

:omg:

oh did I happen to mentioned the shed :hide:

100_2405.jpg

:omg:

HorseFixer

Looks like we have another contestant in the never ending story of see how much chit my garage can hold! :D Yes I feel yer pain! :hide:

Duke

Nick

I think you have some competition now Duke. :hide:

Brian, Whats the big red one over on the side, a Massey, Yanmar or something else?

Butch

Well I just went out and got busy and cleaned up my garage!!! :party: Just kidding this is a picture from 1995 13 years ago! :omg: See I wasnt allways so messy! :hide:

92320083009.jpg

92320083010.jpg

92320083011.jpg

92320083012.jpg

92320083013.jpg

Daaamn!!! :party: You have a water fountain in your garage? And a chilled one no less. :D Plus a sink with running water. A central heating system with no central a/c? :wtf: Where's the walk in pit for those oil changes? :hide: Plus plenty of room for vehicles and projects. :omg: It almost looks like the main house was converted to your workshop. :D