slammer302

S/G light bulb

slammer302

I had to find a replacement light bulb for my daughter's 857 this is the bulb for the dash light the bulb that came out is a ge53 I found these Sylvania 1445 at a local parts store and fit perfectlyf6bbf8c05fd7fca276307a84f94eb2d4.jpghope this helps somebody out

boovuc

It does Slammer.

I need to replace mine.

squonk

Many bulbs may fit but be careful. You could get a bulb that burns too hot and end up melting something. We use many small bulbs at work. Most differences are the hour rating

Edited by squonk
  • Like 1

slammer302

From what I've checked these are the same volts as the original I did have some one try to give me a 6volt flashlight bulb

steve k

Volts is just the beginning.   Different bulbs that fit in the same socket may have different amp draw thus running hotter or cooler.   Like squonk I work around 12v bulbs every day(school bus mechanic)      We frequently pull out high draw destination sign bulbs and replace with lower drawing bulbs to make life easier on the wiring and circuit breakers.      I know 53 bulbs are still made because we use them in the gear selector consoles.      1445 bulbs draw roughly 140ma    vs  53  bulbs draw 120ma ,  not much difference so you should be ok.   also 1445 has twice as much hour rating.

Steve

Edited by steve k
  • Like 1

slammer302

Thanks for the information

oaktown1987

Got mine at napa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk