Jack Fate

Drive belt replace gt14

Jack Fate

Hi all. Been plow in' snow and i gotta say this thing pushes snow better than it should. Noticed when drive was engaged was hearing a bit to much noise. Pulled side cover and belts got a lot of cracks so I'm going to change it Two questions

It would appear I can do this without much more than the main cover off ? & the electric clutch brace removed?

Is there a size for this belt anywhere here on this site. I have all original manuals but figure this is just obsolete data .(unless you have a cross reference chart )

I have a industrial supply company for belts but they don't have a good measurement tool

Thanks all this is the most we'll behaved site anywhere post-9910-142290905278_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jack Fate

oldredrider

The belt number listed in the manual should be correct. I highly recommend Wheel Horse belts for the drive train. They are cut at a particular angle to maximize belt to pulley fit.

The belt cover and PTO mount need to be removed to put a new drive belt on, as you suspected.

Make sure belt is routed correctly inside the belt guard.

Edited by oldredrider

Jack Fate

The belt number listed in the manual should be correct. I highly recommend Wheel Horse belts for the drive train. They are cut at a particular angle to maximize belt to pulley fit.

The belt cover and PTO mount need to be removed to put a new drive belt on, as you suspected.

Make sure belt is routed correctly inside the belt guard.

So then I would need to seek out toro dealer ?

Was hopeing to just cross reference this to a common belt width & length

Thanks for your reply if I can't go local then I'll start calling for toro dealer as the local just shut down

meadowfield

I did the same despite advice to use a genuine part. Mine has now done three years of hauling and pulling with no issues!

squonk

I've got Napa green belts (Gates) on all of my snow movers. Had them for years no issues.

gwest_ca

You need a belt designed to withstand the reverse bending over a flat idler pulley.

The more common fractional horse power (Fhp) belts are for use on low horse power electric motors but use the same numbering system and will not last.

The Wheel Horse/Toro belt is # 8334 - Size B x 84.8"

The green Gates # 6985 belt is a suitable replacement - Size 5/8" x 85"

The same green Gates belt made for Napa # 5L850W - Size 5/8" x 85"

Garry

• Like 1

Brrly1

Pm sent

Brrly1

OEM - 8334, tiller - 9151 I have used both of these belts with No problems!!!!

Edited by Brrly1

Jack Fate

You need a belt designed to withstand the reverse bending over a flat idler pulley.

The more common fractional horse power (Fhp) belts are for use on low horse power electric motors but use the same numbering system and will not last.

The Wheel Horse/Toro belt is # 8334 - Size B x 84.8"

The green Gates # 6985 belt is a suitable replacement - Size 5/8" x 85"

The same green Gates belt made for Napa # 5L850W - Size 5/8" x 85"

Garry

Thanks this is what im looking for. And if I had a toro dealer nearby I'd just call them up or stop by on way home from work.This is not the case.  For all those who suggested OEM I'm in total agreement .I have done belt replacement in the past by doing this cross reference method with mixed results. I  now know why.Thanks to ALL here for the info.Going to check out All my belt options $$$

Cheers

Jack Fate

OEM ordered be about 2 weeks &40clams. Looked online and that was a entire waste

of time . Seems there are replacement belts,Toro direct fit belts and Toro "official "belts none of which have any of the numbers I got from you guys[emoji38]

Oh and when I looked at all my old WH manuals I found NO belt numbers.

I believe the dealer that ordered for me had to do a lot of detective work on cross reference. So I don't really know if I'm getting a OEM , although I expressed this was why I was ordering from them

Again thanks all

gwest_ca

Every parts list I see shows the 8334 belt 1969-1973. Left over 1972 models were sold with a 1-0502-8 model number.

Item # 302 on page 8 of this manual shows the 8334.

Drop the 8334 number here you can see it is still good at Toro

http://www.rcpw.com/search/?quest=8334

Garry

Here the Stens replacement is more $ than the Toro.

Jack Fate

Thanks book marked second address
First one doesn't work , mines a 1973
I didn't see that site, thank you

first one doesn't work on tapatalk,PC works but not seeing a belt number

I am blind at times tho

Edited by Jack Fate

Big-Game

If you are still looking for the GT-14 belt 8334 or the tiller belt 9151 send me a message I have close to 400 original

wheel Horse belts in stock. Ron  rsgreco@embarqmail.com

Jack Fate

If you are still looking for the GT-14 belt 8334 or the tiller belt 9151 send me a message I have close to 400 original

wheel Horse belts in stock. Ron rsgreco@embarqmail.com

E mail sent

Jack Fate

wheel Horse belts in stock. Ron rsgreco@embarqmail.com

I would like to thank this gentleman for promptly supplying me with a OEM /NOS drive belt for a reasonable price

Thank you Ron[emoji106]

• Like 1

ztnoo

Ditto on Ron for OEM belts.

I purchased two belts from Ron Greco (Big_Game) for my GT 14 recently.

This is the first time I have tried official WH belts. Got a # 8334 hydro drive belt and a # 9783 PTO deck drive belt.

Don't have them installed yet because I'm doing other work on the tractor, but I'm anxious to see how they perform and hold up over time.

Ron was super to deal with, a great and prompt communicator, and with very,very reasonable pricing.

I would encourage everyone to communicate with Ron about their Wheel Horse belt needs.

rsgreco@embarqmail.com