Sign in to follow this  
Cleaverkid

Another GT-14 snow plow question

Cleaverkid

I'm thinking pretty seriously about pulling my snow plow off of my 854 and putting it on my GT-14.   What sort of issues will I run into?  Will that plow even fit the GT-14?  Will the axle mount from my 854 work on the GT-14 or will I need to find a specific GT-14 mount?  I know someone's going to ask me which plow I have but all I can say is from what I've found on here, it's apparently not the extended frame but not the original "older" one, either.  Does that make sense?  Just looking for some recommendations and the like from you wiser ones!

I'm doing this because my 854 is promised to my 2yr old grandson when momma finally says he's old enough to sit on it!  So I've got a year or two to make this happen.

oldredrider

Short answer...no it will not fit. The frame is all wrong for a GT-14.

Cleaverkid

Thanks for the reply!   That's kinda what I was afraid of.  So what's the best alternative?  Do I look around for a used snowblower, do I look for a different plow, or do I sell the GT-14 and buy a tractor that will fit the snowplow I already have?

Thanks again for the advice!  You guys are awesome!

refracman

A 1973 newer style snow plow will fit if you have the extendion used on the 520 .I took the one off my 77 C120 and put it on.

Had that setup on my GT14 for a while with no issues and even used the standard angle lever, moved lots of snow and stone too.

O and dont worry if its only a 42" wide plow blade it'll be fine.