jm46322

rustoleum appliance expoy questions

jm46322

Just got done sand blasting a set of rims. when I was  starting to prime them and said wait I will check and see if I am using the correct primer.

pulled up the technical data sheet for the stuff on line and it states that "priming is not recommended"

it talks about removing loose paint  and rust  with wire brush / sand paper and removing gloss with sand paper.

mainly it addresses top coating a already painted surface.

I am 99.9% bare metal  so do I still not prime?

I seen a lot of talk of this prime on here

have you guys primed or put it on straight out of the blaster?

thanks

slammer302

I did a 657 deck I didn't use primer

I also noticed its not recommended for use out doors in sunlight

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Fordiesel69
      By Fordiesel69
      Need a pair or rear rims for 518xi, 520Lxi, 522xi, 523dxi, GT18, GT20, GT22, GTD23D, tractors.  Can take new old stock, nice used, or used that need refurbishing.  Anything will be fine.  Needs to be within 2 hrs of Erie, PA, or shipping available.

Thank you,
      Mike. 
    • PWL216
      By PWL216
      Are there aftermarket front rims available for C Series tractors? I have a 120 and a 160 that need front rims… thx.
    • r1jakecfd
      By r1jakecfd
      Hi Guys,
      I just bought some Carlisle Turfmaster 24x12-12 rear tires to replace the 23x8.50-12 tires I have on there now. I was wondering which rims I should buy to fit these bigger tires. The charts say an 8.50 width rim but should the offset stay the same or does it need to change? Any other dimensions I should be concerned about?
      Thanks in advance.
      Hope everyone is healthy and well!
      John
    • 1990520H
      By 1990520H
      What is a good replacement rim for the fronts since you can no longer get the stuff from Toro. Been looking. Not much luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    • old5foot
      By old5foot
      I have an 1989 312-8. The Owner's Manual shows a color photo/picture of a WH with silver/gray rims. The WH has silver/gray rims now, but it definitely is not the original paint. I am redoing the rims (sandblast and repaint) and I would like to repaint with as original a color as possible. I would appreciate any information available. Thanks Old5foot