Theroundhousernr

:text-yeahthat:

meadowfield

I like it.

Can we get a pic with them lit up?

Mike........

I saved the pic of them lit up for project bendys update :D

tbarnhart

Nice. It looks a lot like what I did with my C-160, but I used some rectangular 55w Halogen lights. I thought it looked close to original.

post-11894-0-03582600-1422763947_thumb.j

• Like 7

gwest_ca

Nice. It looks a lot like what I did with my C-160, but I used some rectangular 55w Halogen lights. I thought it looked close to original.

If you find the 55 watt bulbs are too hot or pushing the limits of the charging system there is a 35 watt H3 bulb made and used on motorcycles whose charging systems are also limited.

Garry

Save Old Iron

Mark, did you design in any means to physically adjust the lamps, or are they of a flood type dispersion pattern?

meadowfield

Mark, did you design in any means to physically adjust the lamps, or are they of a flood type dispersion pattern?

I didn't, they are a daylight 9w COB MR16 Downlighter. The beam angle is fixed, but they disperse and light up really good. The additional 20W per side in the spotlights helps too :)

Given the difficulty of showing how well lights work, here is a pic with the lights in the workshop on.

IMG_20150131_170742_zps6epyrcxy.jpg

• Like 2

Zeek

What did you use for the reflector buckets? Are they motorcycle TS?   :eusa-think:

meadowfield

they are a single assembly - bought from a well known auction site :D

mr16_3w_led_spotlight_cob_led_lamp_bulb-

tbarnhart

What did you use for the reflector buckets? Are they motorcycle TS?   :eusa-think:

I don't know if this question was directed my way or not, and I don't want to take over Mark's thread, but the lights I used are glass lens/metal housing driving lights sold by optronics. I got them at my local Wal-mart, but other retailers would probably have them as well. Garry's comment on the amp draw is significant as well. Two 55w bulbs draw close to 10 amps. My C-160 has a Tecky  with a 10 amp charging system. As long as the rpms are up everything is fine, but I wouldn't want to idle for any length of time with the lights on or it would drain the battery. More pics and details are here in my refresh thread.