Digger 66

Wildlife pics ?

squonk

You would to if you had to work with Capt. Kangaroo and Mr. Green Jeans every day!  :)

bionicfisherman

Came home today to see this sitting on a tree by the garage.

post-12527-0-31572800-1423959361_thumb.j

post-12527-0-42080800-1423959377_thumb.j

• Like 6

Digger 66

OMG ! That IS awesome ! 

Glad you got your camera . 

953 nut

This Falcon landed in my tree; is that wild or what?

:text-lol: 

post-8798-0-23700600-1424126631_thumb.jp

• Like 5

squonk

I had one of those but it was black!  :)

Digger 66

frog_zpsso5pbtgv.jpeg

• Like 2

Digger 66

frog%201_zpscku0mt22.jpeg

• Like 3

953 nut

post-8798-0-66840600-1424219233_thumb.jp

This big boy stopped by for a snack last spring, didn't damage the feeder, just stood there eating. Living on the side of a mountain you tend to have a few visitors come by, just happened to have a camera ready this time.

• Like 8

Kennedy

I was fortunate enough to get to go to Australia in 08 and 09 here is some of their wildlife.

This guy was only about 8 feet off the ground. I could have patted him on the rear, but took a look at those claws and teeth and thought better of it. These were everywhere.

wildkoalabear3-2_zpse9b6b175.jpg

Portuguese Man O' War.

DSCN0349_zps0a93c936.jpg

Some kangaroos outside our hotel. This is a PG picture, that is a baby's tail sticking out of mom's pouch. :mrgreen:

WildKangaroosGrampians1_zps5cd80b97.jpg

I also got to go to Tasmania on the first trip. This is a Tasmanian Devil roadkill. I am not in the habit of taking roadkill pictures. but how often do you get to see a wild Tasmanian Devil. Unfortuneately no live ones. My cousin was trying to flip it over for a better shot, but a truck was coming and this is the best we got.

Tasmaniandevil2_zps89d6e5b3.jpg

An echidna.

AnEchidnaTasmania2Heni_zps9de45449.jpg

The little penguin.

PenguinTasmaniaHeni_zps629e5ce6.jpg

Mark

• Like 4

AMC RULES

I can just hear that truck driver's comments now.   :teasing-poke: 

• Like 1

Deer Whisperer

This is one of two grey foxes that came every nite about eight for a meal we set out. My wife could tell them apart andpost-14275-0-06265000-1424466216_thumb.j named them Fredy & Freida.

• Like 6

chesbaycruiser

What a great idea for a thread!  I didn't think I'd have much to post until I started looking at photos I had snapped with my phone and I realized I had a fair number of them.  (Some are hi-res, some are not.)

I've been a "snake guy" since I was a kid.  As a boy I lived for Sunday nights and Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom!  Maybe I wanted to be Marlin Perkins but for whatever the reason, for years I have been the guy people call to come get animals out of their yard, their house, etc.  It's usually reptiles, but I've removed owls, squirrels, opossums, birds and all manner of wildlife.  And that's where this fellow came from.  A couple of years ago the woman who was my childhood next-door neighbor called and asked me to come over...she had found a snake curled up in a bush in her back yard and wanted me to come get it and relocate it before her neighbor came across it, freaked out and killed it.

black_snake_0.jpg black_snake_1.jpg

That particular snake ended up starring in this bit of YouTube silliness...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eHXha2UgBM

This was another "animal rescue".  This little fellow had apparently roosted for the night in a wreath on our front door and when I opened it, he flew straight up, which—once the door was open—was right into the house.  At the end of the adventure he was a little shaken but did not appear to be injured.  Once outside again, he flew right off.

finch.jpg

I found both of these guys the same day while cutting a friend's grass.  (For the rabbit's sake, I hope their paths didn't cross...at least not for a few months!)

black_snake_2.jpgrabbit.jpg 

On this day the kids pulled me away from an automotive project to alert me to a snake in the middle of the neighborhood street.  (I don't think he wasn't particularly happy to see me.)

black_snake_3.jpg   black_snake_4.jpg

I found this little guy was crawling through the back yard just before I started cutting grass.  (Carried him safely down into the woods.)

garter.jpg

It's not all about snakes though, there are other reptiles as well!  This little blue-tailed beauty was in our front bushes...

lizard.jpg

...and this appropriately named Fence Lizard was on a wooden fence at our place on the river.

lizard_2.jpg

Speaking of the river, here's a couple more taken there...

crab.jpg

sentinel.jpg
(Not "wildlife" really, but I love this shot.)

And if you are still in the mood for "creepy crawlies"...this little lady was staking out the woodpile...

widow.jpg

...and this little girl was guarding the shed door.  (Dime for size reference)

wolf.jpg

I found on the side of my neighbor's house...

stick.jpg

...and this was taken during the last invasion of 13 year cicadas.  (No, not 17 year.)

cicada.jpg

Finally, some fauna.  I came across these fungi in the woods behind our house.  Their locations were very close, but I found the first one a few months before the second.

fungus_1.jpgfungus_2.jpg

I'd never found a four leaf clover in my entire life until one day a few years ago I was working in the yard and just glanced down and this jumped out at me.  

That's right...count 'em up boys...1, 2, 3, 4, 5!!!

clover_03.jpg

Lastly, speaking of clover...

A year or two after the above photo was taken, as we're about to walk into the house my oldest son says to me "Dad, I bet I can find five four-leaf clovers in under a minute".  I just laughed.  So he proceeds to bend over and in a spot not five feet from where the photo above was taken he starts plucking and counting out loud "One....two....three..." and gets to five in about 15 seconds.  In his hand were the five four-leaf clover!  He said "Dad, this is a mutant patch of clover...they're everywhere!"  And he was right.  I snapped the photo below at a random spot on the ground in said clover patch.  I would estimate it covers less than one square foot of ground and I count at least seven.  I Photoshopped the image to highlight the four-leafs in red.

I don't know what was going on in that clover patch at the time, but within a week or two I couldn't find a four-leaf in it to save my life!

clover_01.jpg

clover_02.jpg

• Like 6

Digger 66

rabbit.jpg

Awwwww , tooooo cute  !!!!

• Like 1

Digger 66

feed_zpsdfuvsrby.png

• Like 5

boovuc

I'm really glad to see others who will either walk around a snake or admire it and let them live. I have quite a few rattlers, a lot of water snakes and not enough Black Snakes around camp and my house. Live and let live. Except in hunting season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :)

• Like 1

Deer Whisperer

Our back yard visitor. He is a cross between a coyote and a red fox. He is larger then a red fox and has the tail of a coyote. Talking to some old timers that said he was considered a red coyote. post-14275-0-95781600-1427293908_thumb.j

• Like 4

Digger 66

efft_zpsf255481d.png

IMG_20130619_132254_535_zps724c9492.jpg

• Like 1

Digger 66

IMG_20131101_172447_317_zpsmtz55nrl.jpg

• Like 1

AMC RULES

• Like 1

Stigian

Some great photo's there guy's :thumbs:

Here's a few more for you.

S0074222_zps8dc15018.jpg

DSCF4009_zps65a643ac.jpg

DSCF3997_zps1e5badc3.jpg

DSCF2297_zps21feb17b.jpg

DSCF1908_zpsa5398a34.jpg

DSCF2186_zps5355c6aa.jpg

DSCF3592_zps29fccc2f.jpg

DSCF1600_zps95edef9e.jpg

• Like 4

Racinbob

This isn't a very clear picture as it was taken through a window. We have this pigmy date palm just outside the window that had become too big. It can't be transplanted and I knew that, unfortunately, it had to go. The issue has been forced by the fact that we are getting new windows in a few weeks and working around this will eat you alive. I was looking at it forming a plan of attack when I saw this cardinal nest. Can't take it out yet. Just eggs at the time but now there are three babies and the daddy has taken over feeding them. They should be out of the nest by the time the windows get here and from what I understand cardinals don't use a nest twice. Apparently the mommy gets them hatched and then daddy feeds them while she's building a new nest. It's cool to watch them out the window.

post-8408-0-36152100-1429374482_thumb.jp

• Like 3