stratostar250

I bought a Techy!

Zeek

That whole thing is great shape, nice find. Teckys can be temperamental and will never be a Kohler, but I have one on a 552 that starts right up and runs good every time.

It all boils down to the carb.  There are a few guys on here that are experts with that if you have an issue.

• Like 1

AMC RULES

You're right Tom...     :thumbs:

that is a very clean :wh: for its age.   

• Like 1

stratostar250

That whole thing is great shape, nice find. Teckys can be temperamental and will never be a Kohler, but I have one on a 552 that starts right up and runs good every time.

It all boils down to the carb.  There are a few guys on here that are experts with that if you have an issue.

Thanks! and I may want to put the original motor back on sometime later this year or next year, especially because it is electric start and the one on it now is only pull start, but I KNOW I'm in the right place if I need the help!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

You're right Tom...     :thumbs:

that is a very clean :wh: for its age.   

Thanks Craig! I really feel like she's a beaut!

Edited by stratostar250

squonk

What is this world coming too!!!!!

post-2380-0-00984500-1421609659.jpg

• Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Nice find, looks real sweet. Best of luck.

Glenn

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Really clean Work Horse...and a good deck and blower.    Plus a Lil'  Tecky.   Whata find.

• Like 1

KC9KAS

Very nice looking Work-Horse 700

1-3745....1969, 4 speed, Tecumseh H70-130043, 7 hp 5053 drive.

• Like 1

stratostar250

Very nice looking Work-Horse 700

1-3745....1969, 4 speed, Tecumseh H70-130043, 7 hp 5053 drive.

Really clean Work Horse...and a good deck and blower.    Plus a Lil'  Tecky.   Whata find.

Thanks guys!  I'm really proud of this one, it's really in great shape!  Honestly, I think it's the nicest one I have!  And it came with a little of everything for it!  :)

stratostar250

Anyone have any idea what kind of wheel weights they are?  I haven't been educated on wheel weights too much yet, :hide:  Are they the correct kind that would have been offered on this tractor? or are they from a different company? Just curious, because I have no idea.  Thanks all in advance!

Ken B

Nice score! I saw that one listed and I was tempted myself. The only reason I didn't go for it was I didn't know he had the original engine! That one will clean up real nice... The excitement of dragging a new one home never wears out..

• Like 1

Jake Kuhn

nice find!

• Like 1

Tim

those are wheel horse weights

• Like 1

stratostar250

Nice score! I saw that one listed and I was tempted myself. The only reason I didn't go for it was I didn't know he had the original engine! That one will clean up real nice... The excitement of dragging a new one home never wears out..

Thanks! And no, it definitely does not run out!

those are wheel horse weights

No way! Awesomee!!

Racinbob

Congrats!!! What a great find. :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 1

slammer302

The 6hp tecky powered horses I've gotten always have good tight steering and seem to be not worn out overall I'm not sure if its because most people bought them for smaller yards or if its just because the lower HP and a lot lighter engine just didn't wear the mower out as much

• Like 1

stratostar250

The 6hp tecky powered horses I've gotten always have good tight steering and seem to be not worn out overall I'm not sure if its because most people bought them for smaller yards or if its just because the lower HP and a lot lighter engine just didn't wear the mower out as much

Such a good observation! Either are definitely possible, I never thought of that, but this tractors steering is wonderful, I couldn't believe how nice it was when I first got on and drove it!

Jparkes43

wow nice tractor and welcome to the achy arm club ;-) 

james

• Like 1

GT14

Nice score  :handgestures-thumbupright: 

• Like 1

AJ_Thanatos

Such a good observation! Either are definitely possible, I never thought of that, but this tractors steering is wonderful, I couldn't believe how nice it was when I first got on and drove it! 

Ok the real reason the techy tractors are always in better shape is because after they quit working from the dealer, no one could get them running again so they sat untouched and unused until we find them...  :ychain:  :ROTF: 

I have a couple myself and haven't got either of them running yet! :banghead:  :)   

• Like 4

Ken B

I have also noticed this but my theory is that the Techy starts acting up and or won't start, its owner gives up and pushes it back into the shed or corner of the garage and forgets about it for many yrs. Looks like that may be the case with this one. I myself owned a real nice Work Horse 700 with a recent transplant of a newer Tecky on it. The guy I got it from was the original owner, he said the original motor never ran right and was a pain too start. Many yrs. later he replaced the original engine with a newer one. He said that one was great for a few yrs. but that one also became difficult too start so he gave up on it. Mine also came with a like new snow thrower which I gave to Wheel Horse Chris in Naugatuck (WHC-125) I wasn't going to use it.

Here is a pic of the one I owned... 

55hp550.jpg

• Like 3

Save Old Iron

What is this world coming too!!!!!

:ychain:

post-1689-0-93870600-1421675445.gif

• Like 2

Don1977

Nice looking tractor, forget you have the Techy! Go buy a good 7 or 8 HP Kohler install it and you will be a happy camper.

• Like 2

stratostar250

Nice looking tractor, forget you have the Techy! Go buy a good 7 or 8 HP Kohler install it and you will be a happy camper.

I thought about this! But at the same time, it feels wrong to put a Kohler on a work horse! It's the whole reason it was called a work horse, because it didn't have a Kohler like all the others. It's the one thing keeping me back from thinking about doing that.
  • Like 2

AMC RULES

Tom...

if you get scared of that Techy...

just let me know.   :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 1