Think it's fun being an "expert" ??

Save Old Iron

geometry ... ignore it !

a line and a cat ... these are two different things

Enjoy, and welcome to my world.

Edited by Save Old Iron
  • Like 8

Trouty56

Hahahaha.....awesome......sounds like a conversation I have with the sales department's best people.....

• Like 3

Lane Ranger

SOI_  This video should be played during first class for all M.B.A.  program candidates!

• Like 1

Ken B

Chuck that was hilarious! I have to deal with the same nonsense from the president of marketing where I work.. I'm going to have to show her this video....

• Like 1

KC9KAS

"Expert"...Once was a small drip under pressure

• Like 3

Coadster32

Just like being at work. Thanks for sharing. I unfortunately can relate.

• Like 1

MalMac

Looks to me like watching are Elected Officials. You got a room full of future leaders of Government and Industry there.

• Like 1

shallowwatersailor

Reminds me of when I was teaching and wanted to get the students' attention. I would use my magic pen that could write any color. I would then spell out "Red, Green, Blue, etc." - and they would fall for it. It was a question of semantics.

Never be an expert in a Court of Law though. That was Rule #1 when I was a Certified Safety Professional - unless being paid!

• Like 1

bmsgaffer

Hits the nail on the head.

• Like 1

SousaKerry

Yup sure sounds like our marketing department..

• Like 1

19richie66

Kinda like this

• Like 5

DOC in Kentucky

Chuck, this is great!!! I was in sales and I can't tell you how many of these solutions I sold thru the years. Just about every one of my accounts had to own one. The problems and upgraded features were always fixed in the next software release too!!! 

• Like 2

Save Old Iron

Doc, I hear ya.

Years ago, we did a focus group session for design of a user interface / touch panel for medical equipment.

We assembled several "thought leaders" from major hospitals across the country, placed them together in a room, asked very specific questions about push button locations , icon look, coloration and wording on the screens. We even video taped the session so to avoid any issues with "no, that's not what I said."

We gained group consensus on all the above items before proceeding.

A working software model of the interface was created within 15 minutes after the users approved of all the items and the "perfect interface" was presented to the user group within a half hour after they approved it.

NOT ONE OF THEM LIKED IT ! 

AT ALL!

• Like 4

Coadster32

That nail video is scary funny!! Almost like being at home sometimes. Typical Mars-Venus deal.

Wheel-N-It

Terrific Chuck!!! This was perfect for me today as this video mirrors every day for me at work. If it was not for Wheel Horses, I would not have any sanity left.

BTW, are there any Wheel Horses made in the shape of a kitten?

19richie66

So if I paint my tractor red but I use transparent paint, i will be ok?

• Like 1

dcrage

Doc, I hear ya.

Years ago, we did a focus group session for design of a user interface / touch panel for medical equipment.

We assembled several "thought leaders" from major hospitals across the country, placed them together in a room, asked very specific questions about push button locations , icon look, coloration and wording on the screens. We even video taped the session so to avoid any issues with "no, that's not what I said."

We gained group consensus on all the above items before proceeding.

A working software model of the interface was created within 15 minutes after the users approved of all the items and the "perfect interface" was presented to the user group within a half hour after they approved it.

NOT ONE OF THEM LIKED IT ! 

AT ALL!

Kinda points out the potential fallacy of believing focus groups