Ironman

Please help with pictures of D-250 Dash & Console

Ironman

I contacted Terry (Vinylguy) from "Redoyourhorse" about having decals made for the Dashboard & Console on my 1978 D-250. He said he needs some good photos of the original decals, but mine are still mounted on the tractor. My question to you all is, do any of you have a dashboard and console in your parts stash to get pictures of? I appreciate any help you could provide.  

Shuboxlover

Do you just need the pics of the decals? or the placement of said decal on the dash?

What kind of shape should they be in.

I can get some from mine....they won't be perfect, but probably readable. 

Do you need dimensions also?

Edited by Shuboxlover

Ironman

I'm not exactly sure what Terry needs. I was thinking of just tearing mine down and shipping them to him, but he said for now he just needed the pictures. I'm guessing if someone had some that were already removed that those would be the most detailed. Any pics you could post would be great, Thank you for your help! :)

gwest_ca

Just added a high resolution copy of a not so good page from the operator manual.

Click the Download button here

Garry

Martin

Rich, i would just send him some good pics of yours on the tractor. try to get as straight on with the camera as you can and as high a resolution as possible.......

take some overall pics and some a little closer of any areas that are not clearly seen in the overall shots.

he will also need overall measurements..... don't take pics with a tape measure or ruler in them, i think if you just give him the measurements separate that would be more accurate.

many of the Wheel Horses had changes in the decals from year to year and the d250 decals you have could be slightly different than others. If you want the final product to be the same as what you have now, i would make sure you at least have good pics of every area of the decals. if they are good quality pics I'm sure he will be able to work with them.......

I just looked at what Garry posted and if you can at least remove the steering wheel and get some nice straight on pics like those that would be a great help. if you can also remove any knobs easily that would also help.....make sure you are perpendicular to the area you are taking a pic of and don't get too close with the camera as it screws with the squareness of the pic. Terry might use a combination of pics from any help you get on this thread and measurements provided to build a set of decals for you.

Edited by Martin

Ironman

Thank you Garry and Martin! There is so much detail in these that if I wrote down the measurements they would overwhelm the pictures. After reading Terry's email again, I think the pictures are for him to just get an idea of what's involved. I'm sure that He'll need a dash and console next to him for a reference as he lays out the patterns. I'll send him the high resolution copy from the owners manual and some detailed shots of mine to see what the next move will be. Thanks Guys!!!   

Martin

He just needs an overall measurement. height and width of each decal.  you don't need to measure everything. if your pics are good, he will be able to draw from them, get the detail needed and get the overall size correct. a few key measurements would help to make sure the decal will fit ok with the dash components.

while a dash and console next to him would be a great help, that luxury rarely happens. like I said before, good detail high res pics like in that manual would be a great help.

Ironman

Ok Martin, that sounds easy enough. I was getting overwhelmed by the thought of every possible measurement on such complicated decals. You've brought it into a perspective that I can definitely handle! Thank You!!! 

stratostar250

I just stumbled upon this post,  If need be, please let me know, I can take a few pics and any measurements of my dashboard as well.  It's in pretty decent shape, so, if I can help in any way, just let me know! 

Ironman

Thanks Tom, I appreciate it! I'm a big fan of your videos. When I was thinking about getting a 250 it's yours that sold me on the idea. I'm dying to get my hands on a front end loader and backhoe. I've been an Iron Worker my whole life so chances are I may just build them. I'll let you know if I do end up making the backhoes if you'd like. Once I get the plans down pat, I'll for sure make at least a few of them. 

stratostar250

No problem! I'd love to help! And that is awesome to hear that you saw my videos and that they helped you make a decision!  Glad I was able to help you become part of the 250 club! :handgestures-thumbupright:  And congrats on having a 78! That in itself is a good piece of mind knowing that the transmission is better! They really are a tank of a tractor!  I can't believe how much work can be done with them!  If you keep an eye out, it is an ARK 550 front loader, I'm not sure how others would adapt, but that is what it is.  I was so lucky to get my hands on mine with the loader, I saw it, and pounced! A backhoe would be really awesome! I saw one on a D-250 for sale in New York on Craigslist like 6 months ago, and it really made it look like a serious machine! and like I said, I'm glad to help, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.  I don't know everything, but I can always try to help!  :helmet:

Ironman

I really got a great deal on mine even though it needs some work. About 6 months ago my buddy was hurting for money and sold me a brand new in the box Tig welder for $600. I did an even swap, the welder for the D-250 with the 60" deck, Dozer blade, 3 point hitch, pretty new AG tires, and a tiller. It was well worth the 5 hour trip each way to Tennessee.

• Like 1