flstf2

wheel horse raider 8

flstf2

i just became the proud owner of a wheel horse raider 8 i cannot find much information on it what years did they produce them where is the id tags someone did a sloppy repaint with a brush and replaced motor with a 10 hp kohler any help is wanted

• Like 1

stevasaurus

According to the paper work that I have...the Raider 8 was only made in 1972.  Model # 1-0330...Kohler 8 hsp engine #  K181S-30461D...8 speed Wheel Horse transmission # 5086. (4 pinion differential with 1" axles).  :)

Welcome to Red Square   :)

With the 10 hsp Kohler in it, you might as well call it a 1972 Raider 10...model # 1-0301...the trans is the same.  Here is a picture of my 1972 Raider 10...

2008_071910raider19720007.jpg

2008_071910raider19720008.jpg

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 5

flstf2

Is this a good tractor is it worth fixing up? any where to find information on how it should look it is missing the lever for the attachments and not sure what else is missing

stevasaurus

It is a great Horse and worth fixing up.  You can probably find some more pictures in the Photo Gallery Section on the main page...find the Manuals in the Manuals Section.  In my second picture, right behind the lift lever on the dash tower is the model # tag...black and silver.  :)

ol550

First off :WRS:  . Just about all are worth fixing up, even if its just airing up the tires. :handgestures-thumbup:  

Now for the real question is Hicksville a town or place?  I know there almost everywhere, :confusion-confused:

• Like 1

Tankman

Great Horse to fix up! Aren't all Stallions worthy of TLC?

Of course, keep the forum updated. 

Tankman

First off :WRS:  . Just about all are worth fixing up, even if its just airing up the tires. :handgestures-thumbup:  

Now for the real question is Hicksville a town or place?  I know there almost everywhere, :confusion-confused:

Hicksville is a town on Long Island, NY. Nassau County.

I lived there years ago.......Bloomingdale Road? By Grumman's?

Did some "dating" at the drive-in in Hicksville.

flstf2
yes hicksville is a town in long island new york and i live about 3 blocks from bloomingdale road im on linden blvd i did a couple searches and did not find much on the tractor, i did find the id tag  but its all covered with paint and is unreadable the motor is a k241A 10 hp has a big car like generator on it someone bolted an adjustment bracket right to the tower i found the correct bracket but an nervous as there wiring looks like a bowl of spaghetti also has a push button start switch where the lift lever goes did get is started and runs strong 
  • Like 1

stevasaurus

I think we would like to see some pictures.  If you take some Acetone and a rag, by wiping gently, you can soften and remove the paint on that model plate.  :)  Did you find a manual on here that will shows all the parts of the tractor???

Here ya go...click on this link and then download the manual...

Edited by stevasaurus

flstf2

thanks where can i find out how a deck attaches and what accessories will fit 

gwest_ca

Download the D&A file for the attachment list. That will give you the model numbers required to search for those manuals.

A search of the manuals for the 1-0301 will bring up more on the tractor.

Garry

• Like 1

jackhammer

Welcome flstf2 ,, take a few pics  then put them in a post,,.

and good luck with you Red

flstf2
any suggestions on the best place to find nos and good used parts also where can i find information on how to install a mower deck and snowplow also my pto is missing what do i need to reinstall it thanks for any help will post some pics soon

stevasaurus

If you look at the attachment list that Gerry gave you a link too, take those model numbers and go into the Manuals (Attachments) section and search the manuals for the mower and snow blade.  The manuals will show you what you need and how to attach to the horse.

The parts you need for your PTO should be in the manual link that I gave you above...+ how it goes together.  Sources for parts...your TORO dealer, a want ad in the classified section might help, going to the WHCC show in Penn in June, E-Bay, Craig's list.  :)

Zeek

Holy schniky!  That's a heavy duty exhaust!!  How's it sound?

I'm trying to figure out what exhaust to put on my Raider 12 . . . haven't found a decent stock yet  :eusa-think:

stevasaurus

That is just regular pipe Zeek...but it sounds great...not loud.  I am not sure if there is any thing inside the large piece.  :)

gwest_ca

any suggestions on the best place to find nos and good used parts also where can i find information on how to install a mower deck and snowplow also my pto is missing what do i need to reinstall it thanks for any help will post some pics soon

Before you go too far looking for pto parts make sure the engine you have now will accept the original pto parts. Wheel Horse used engines with crankshafts that are 1" in diameter and 1-1/8" diameter. Sorry I don't know the required length but others here will know. The pto hubs are the same but it is the race it runs on that adapts them to the two crankshaft diameters. The clutch plate may also be different how it is secured to the engine pulley for the transmission.

Here is a manual for one of them,

Garry

• Like 1

flstf2

thanks for the information 

flstf2

does anyone have detailed information on how the pto is mounted the motor i have is a K241A Kohler 10 hp motor

Edited by flstf2

flstf2

here are a couple pics of my new tractor shown is what i have where the pto attaches 

post-14410-0-88522200-1421695993_thumb.j

post-14410-0-76595500-1421696000_thumb.j

post-14410-0-88455500-1421696006_thumb.j

post-14410-0-19719300-1421696012_thumb.j

• Like 1

flstf2

and a few more you can see how someone altered the tractor to make the new motor work i found correct brackets for the generator so the adjustment is on the motor where it belongs not attached to the body

post-14410-0-94740700-1421696092_thumb.j

post-14410-0-13451500-1421696099_thumb.j

post-14410-0-16390200-1421696103_thumb.j

flstf2

can anyone help with pto or what other models parts that will fit the raider ???

gwest_ca

Your engine crankshaft is not long enough to support the pto clutch. The inner pto race needs to mount on the shaft that normally extends out past the transmission drive pulley.

Garry

flstf2

so then i guess i have to find a motor or just make it a plow tractor can anyone tell me what other tractors the body pants will fit mine 

flstf2

does anyone knowwhat other models have the same body parts as the raider 

Edited by flstf2