Trouty56

Replacement wheels...4 wheeled wagon

Trouty56

Has anyone found a replacement wheel for the 4 wheeled wagon....or possibly the tub cart (might have the same wheel...not sure)???

Trouty56

Gonna explain a bit more....the wheel has a 4 1/2 wide hub and the inside is probably 1 inch longer than the outside..guess I will be using regular yard cart wheels...then use spacers on the inside....was hoping for a more stock replacement...

ericj

aren't they the same as an early C series. never measured them but always thought they looked the same

eric j

Trouty56

aren't they the same as an early C series. never measured them but always thought they looked the same

eric j

I don't know...possibly...like what....1974 C series?  The tire is a 4.0/8 size.....

Edited by Trouty56

gwest_ca

A little bigger but these are available from a source like Northern tool here in Canada

http://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/16-x-6-50-8-turf-tire-assembly/A-p8442519e

4.00-4.80 x 8

http://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/4-80-x-4-00-8-wheel-assembly/A-p8442451e

Garry

Trouty56

Yes...3/4 inch axle....I was hoping for just rims....dunno why....the rubber on the originals are not that bad.  Can get rims from China for a couple bucks a piece....for lots of 300....  Miller tire has rims also....but I may as well get the rubber too cause they cost just as much.

Actually I was considering these and just throwing out the tire part.....

http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/store/cart-tire-replacement-16-in-x-4-in-x-8-3-4-in

Thanks Garry.....

Edited by Trouty56

can whlvr

look like wheel barrow tires to me

Geno

You got a 4 wheel wagon Bob?   :)

Trouty56

look like wheel barrow tires to me

Canada Wheel Horse Lover.....indeed....

You got a 4 wheel wagon Bob?   :)

Yes....got one from Case....two wheels are corroded pretty bad.....

Edited by Trouty56

Geno

If the Tractor Supply wheels look close go for it, they'll be ready for paint too if your gonna paint them.  You can always take an old one in the store to match it up.   :)

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• MachXXII
      By MachXXII
      I’m trying to restore my grandfathers old 252-H to use around my property. The tires are shot and the rims aren’t too far behind. Anyone have any recommendations for rims and tires that would fit well on it? 

right now it has 22 x 7.50 - 12 on the back and 15 x 6 - 6 on the front.
    • r1jakecfd
      By r1jakecfd
      Hi Guys,
      I just bought some Carlisle Turfmaster 24x12-12 rear tires to replace the 23x8.50-12 tires I have on there now. I was wondering which rims I should buy to fit these bigger tires. The charts say an 8.50 width rim but should the offset stay the same or does it need to change? Any other dimensions I should be concerned about?
      Thanks in advance.
      Hope everyone is healthy and well!
      John
    • Pat mcgrew
      By Pat mcgrew
      I decided I wanted a small wagon to pull behind my horse. Started out with hubs and spindles from a snowmobile trailer. I should have taken pictures of earlier steps, but I’m more than happy to supply measurements and close up pictures if anyone wants them. More pictures to come.. 

• Spini
      By Spini
      I'm thinking about going with 7.50 tires on the front with the 8" stock rims.  I mow in a wet area and am thinking if I increase the surface area, I'll be less likely to sink.  I already went wider in the rear, which seems to work well.  I'm also running lower pressures all around.

My main concern is if the slightly wider tires will clear the mower deck when I make tight turns.  As it is, the 6.50 clears only by about an inch.
      I'd like to go with the 7.50 Carlisle Turf Masters, the mounted width is 7".  Currently I am running the stock tires, which are Turf Savers, and according to Carlisle, the mounted width is 6.6".   

I guess if that's the case, it may not make much difference in surface area, and I would be risking rubbing the tires on the deck.  I have a 42" deck.

If anyone is using (or knows for sure if) 7.50 Turf Masters on an 8" wheel with a 42" deck on a 416-8, please let me know how well it works.  Obviously 
      I can't risk "tire rub".  

I also welcome any other suggestions for mowing wet ground.  Thanks in advance.

• Blackhood Bill
      By Blackhood Bill
      Well Monday had a great day rounding up some attachments. Now to clean them up, paint, get new badges from the vinyl guy. Just a few projects for winter and maybe summer we see how it goes. Just not sure which I'm going to do first. Almost forgot the new addition to the heard.