km3h

HOW DO YOU WINTERIZE YOUR TRACTOR?

Geno

Some of it is anything without a choke has to dramatically boost the fuel to maintain a good AF ratio in cold temperatures.  The computer calculates what is needed mainly based on the CTS (coolant temp sensor).  You are also right about the energy content.  Butane has less energy than gas.  There is a loss of about 1.7 percent that results in a maximum 1.7 percent reduction in fuel efficiency.  Mine get even worse mainly because of warm up time, I hate the cold!   :eusa-doh:

km3h

Usually when the gas reverts back to summer gas, the weather is warmer. This means that as the gas warms it expands. So what really happens is that you get less real gas per volume. If you weigh a gallon of gas in warm weather, it will weigh less. There is usually a label on the gas pump advising you of this.

Now in some states the stations have to cool the gas as it is pumped to maintain the proper volume.

You actually are getting the same gas milage per gallon. Mostly!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

AJ_Thanatos

Awesome AJ!  Can he drive it around the house?  :laughing-rolling:

Ha.. No it has a Techy, it doesn't run!  :ROTF:

• Like 1

Geno

Now you've done it, the Techy crowd is coming for you.  :laughing-rolling:

AJ_Thanatos

Thank god... Then I can reel them in to help me. I have two and neither one run..  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

nhunt308

HF predator swap is how you make that ranger run AJ...

• Like 2

Molon_Labe

The higher the BTU of a fuel (generally speaking) the harder it is to fire in cold conditions. #2 diesel has a BTU of 129,500 whereas winter blend gasoline is 112,500. Which is why , as a kid in cold weather, had to pull start the JD 4020 diesel by pulling with the gasser, a Farmall H to get it started. More heat (BTU's) equals more power for a given fuel, it's just less volatile (doesn't fire well when cold).