KyBlue

Angle Lever

Wyattrrp

When I picked up my long frame 48" plow, the rod from bottom of hand lever to plow rotation plate came as a piece of 1/2 " concrete reinforcing rod and they bent both ends as needed, ground off the diagonal bumps that help it grip the concrete so the bent end lengths are round and smooth and drilled for cotter pins both ends.  Not sure on length between bends though as it is mounted.  As long as the release pin is in locked position at the blade D rotation plate, the only pressure on the rod when plowing is while you are rotating the blade, usually while lifted so the re-bar is plenty stiff for the job.  And cheap too for a 10 ft length.  Might find one in scrap at a construction site where they are pouring reinforced concrete.

How they lost the original round bar rod is beyond me.  Why would you remove it for storage?  Same goes for the handle.  I never remove those, just release one end and swing them against frame and tie with a string until next season??

Wyatt

KyBlue

Use on another project and just never got returned maybe?  Bad Elves? Garden Gnome's running amok? or my nemesis ... simply Stupid People? 

• Like 1

cheesegrader

Never underestimate the ability to lose tractor parts in the snow!

• Like 1

Geno

Use on another project and just never got returned maybe?  Bad Elves? Garden Gnome's running amok? or my nemesis ... simply Stupid People? 

I vote for #4.   :laughing-rolling:

KyBlue

Oh the stupid- it burns it burns!

• Like 1