chipwitch

Dozer/Snow Plow strength question

chipwitch

... speaking of condescending...

• Like 1

chipwitch

Moderators... please lock the thread.  I'm done

Geno

I talked to Brandon this morning and he said you were an engineer.  The thread makes a lot more sense knowing this about you, I'm not an engineer but I have OCD so I get it a little and can see why you asked the questions you did.  Some of us just want to know all we can, I think it's pretty cool.   :handgestures-thumbsup:

Tankman

Been using a dozer, hate to call the blade a plow, for over forty years.

42" and 48" blades never a problem, snow, dirt or gravel.

My BIG problem is traction. Pushin' a foot or two of the white, nasty wet stuff, is time consuming.

A little Canadian "water" helps or at least numbs the cold some.  

Have fun with the dozer, gentle with heavy loads or if you get a load on.   :laughing-rofl:  :laughing-rofl:  :laughing-rofl:

• Like 1

Trouty56

KC9KAS... that's about what I was thinking.  So?  Then it would seem it IS a problem not having support at the front?

I don't think there is a problem with the plow design for what it is intended to do and constructed the way it is....  If you design your own then you will have to figure stress calculations for that design taking into consideration the tractor frame strength/stress also as did the original engineers.  They must have did a very good job because we are still using that original plow/tractor combination yet today...some 40 years later + or -....

Good luck with your build....most of us are not engineers...my son is one also and I always say that he looks at the world in a different way than others.....  10 people look at the same thing and see 10 different things....lol....just the way it is.....

• Like 1

Farmerfred

Omg! I'm sure no engineer. But I hate when one says "oh I don't use what I make" well you sure damn need to what might look good on paper, never seems to be good actually working. Besides use what you have till it breaks then modify it to your needs. Or get a bigger machine... Just my opinion 😉

IMG_20200112_122847873.jpg

IMG_20200112_122852812.jpg