nylyon

Toro Advertisement Video's

bmsgaffer

Well I have to say I had never heard of that HMR series and I wouldn't mind having one of those in the 1600 with a 52" deck.

Does anybody have one of those?

Although I can see problems with that drive system. I'll bet that linkage is a bear to work with.

Does anyone here have a manual for one of those?

It does look interesting. And I think very rare because of this persons account:

Heres the description from the video:

Published on Jun 21, 2014

This is a 1989 HMR-1600 55620; this riding mower was a technical advancement on the way to the modern zero turn mower. "HMR" stood for highly maneuverable rider. When our distributor demonstrated the unit it looked and worked slick. When I looked underneath it was a nightmare of belts linkage and 2 gear drive transmissions. When the operator made a hard turn one of the gearboxes was un-clutched and the other transmission pushed the machine into a tight circle. When I saw the price I couldn't imagine finding a big market for the HMR. We did not stock ether the smaller HMR-1200 or the twin cylinder HMR-1600. Apparently other dealers felt the same because the HMR disappeared after 1 year. This HMR popped up on ebay marked "For Parts Only" Not surprising because even more trouble than the complicated drive system was a troublesome engine that was known for catastrophic failures.

I paid $90.00 for the HMR and at least that much in gasoline to pick up my "For Parts Only" mower. When I got it back to the shop I put a battery in it and it started and operated perfectly. One of my employees was even using it to mow our lawn until one of the belts broke. What happens when the belt broke was it will go straight or turn one way. I found the Mower in the back lot where he drove it into a corner and left it. New belt and it is a very cool piece of Toro Lawn Mower History.

ericj

when i bought my house i didn't think i could afford a wheel horse like dad and my brother had so i bought a toro 1200 hmr rider with a bagger system from the home's po i kept it a couple of years till i found my C120 and fixed it up and found a deck for it. i think i paid $ 600.00 to $ 800.00 for it and sold it for $ 600.00. it was a neat little machine but the 12 hp briggs didn't have enough snot to it. it did have a lot of speed though

eric j 

546cowboy

Thanks for answering my questions. Does anyone know what price range these were in? It would be very interesting to see one close up. Like I said in my previous post that drive system seems like it would be complicated to work on and I imagine the parts are non-existent.

HorseFixer

Thanks Guys For Sharing!  :thumbs:

slantram

Did they really sell those HMR riders? -- I don't recall hearing about them -- Those are some big machines

Yes they did ! I've been using mine since I bought it new in 1991 from the Toro dealer where I was employed at the time. It's the 1600 series with almost 1500 hours on it. And still basically looks NEW. The mower with the 38 inch deck weighs almost 700 pounds.

slantram

Well I have to say I had never heard of that HMR series and I wouldn't mind having one of those in the 1600 with a 52" deck.

Does anybody have one of those?

Although I can see problems with that drive system. I'll bet that linkage is a bear to work with.

Does anyone here have a manual for one of those?

Here's an owners manual and a parts manual.Im still using my 1600 HMR that I bought NEW in 1990. It's got almost 1500 Hrs on it.

3313-655.pdf3313-775.pdf

• Like 1

slantram

I know everyone likes pics,so here ya` go.

post-1873-0-12469800-1424571425_thumb.jp

• Like 3

muz123

Do you have any advertisement videos on a 212-6?

Dave...

HorseFixer

Thanks Watched them all  :handgestures-thumbupright: