84specialed

Newbie looking at a c195

84specialed

Thing is a beast, looks like it was well used for 15hrs or more?

Tom

All I know is what's on the meter now and it works. Not trying to claim that it's original.

music100

I am, oh so jealous. Some people are so lucky

Whmaverick

84 specialized, that model is affectionately referred to as the "super C", yours is in what looks to be better than average condition. you have fallen into a great buy. Not many were made and were only offered for three years(82-84) I've seen way rougher looking supers cruising the big wheel horse show that's in Pa every year. Yours would be a great show tractor, but you enjoy it how ever you want. Those were designed for a FEL to be mounted on it, and work great for any ground engagement work, if you can find attachments for them. You wont have trouble finding pics and other info about super-Cs with FELs. We welcome you to the square and look forward to future posts from you showing us how you decided to use your new "C".

• Like 2

bmsgaffer

I would be willing to bet (a lot) that the hour meter was either unplugged or changed at some point, just by the looks of things.

However, like they said, its still in good condition from the pictures!

• Like 1

84specialed

In talking with Kevin (I purchased the tractor from his 94 year old father, who purchased it new in Goodlettsville TN in October 1982) I believe the hours to be correct. It was bought to replace the 1057, which he still has, and I might buy. He has a small yard and this was overkill for him but Kevin said he bought the 1057 new in the 60's and wouldn't have anything else bout a wheel horse. Don't know why he'd have a reason to lie, he said it hasn't been used since the 90's until I purchased it, was stored in a pole barn and then moved inside some years ago. He said the hour meter has never been fooled with.

• Like 1

bmsgaffer

Good to hear! I only said that because it looks like it had a lot of wear and tear for that few of hours.

Still awesome it has that low of hours on it, you could polish it up real good! Even better that you know all of its history, that makes the tractor even more worth it.

GT14

Glad you got it, great deal.

Edited by GT14

84specialed

Thanks for the comments fellas. I think I have a lead on a 3 point, pto setup and a tiller for it. The stuffs really expensive but I'm way ahead on the price of the tractor so I still think I'm doin ok.

• Like 2

jackhammer

:text-welcomewave: to RedSquare  84,

Great buy ... envious on this end,,

and if you have the chance make an offer on that other tractor he might want to get rid of, while it might be available

Edited by jackhammer

posifour11

You're doing good!