KyBlue

I've had this B for quite a few years now, and it's been my constant go to, and ALWAYS starts and is able to do everything I need it to, even when ... it probably shouldn't - haha

With that being said, it's time that my favorite gets some TLC.  It's going to be slow going ... as I'm still using it as my go to tractor.  Sheet metal first - then I'll do the frame and other bits while the motor is at the machine shop.  Will be using Base/Clear urethane and High build primer (its much more forgiving on the small imperfections when I block it out to be sure its straight)

Pictures!

Started with the seat pan ... It is in great shape just the paint is WAY tired so I'm just hitting it with some 60 grit paper on the DA.

20141109_175055_zps93i68b1v.jpg

20141109_175158_zpswerpprjx.jpg

20141109_175206_zpsmgnfuebp.jpg

Geno media blasted this hood for me a week ago, Sandblasting profiles the metal so I had to run the DA over it too, but it's come out alright ... there are quite a few dents that need to be fixed but nothing 'major' - unlike the original hood.  It's just in a self etching primer to allow me to bodywork it.

20141109_175149_zpsrcwkddil.jpg

20141109_175135_zpsn9c7tvw8.jpg

Stay Tuned for more!

• Like 4

AMC RULES

:handgestures-thumbsup: Looking better already.  :popcorn: 

• Like 1

Molon_Labe

Looking good! Keep the pics coming.

• Like 1

Geno

About time you gave her what she deserves!   :handgestures-thumbsup:  

• Like 1

slammer302

B-80 is a great machine

Geno

Hey Blue, ever seen a saw Horse like this?  Saw Horse, get it?   :laughing-rolling:   :laughing-rolling:

post-13404-0-43621300-1415808656_thumb.j

Edited by Geno
  • Like 1

KyBlue

Hey Blue, ever seen a saw Horse like this? Saw Horse, get it? :laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:

DSCN8393.JPG

Maybe I need to get a pair then...

Geno

That one is yours.  :laughing-rolling:

KyBlue

That one is yours.  :laughing-rolling:

I realized that, but it's only one ... ya just can't have one saw horse ya know ...

to get un-sidetracked .... I'll be back on the B tomorrow after work.  It's going on a road trip with me saturday down to geno's  (yeah i'll be packing heat to be sure it comes back HOME with me)

As a side note ... I'll bet my B80 has more miles than some peoples cars ... has made three trips to Waynesville, NC last spring, trips all over Ky, Southern Ohio ... yeah have Horse will Travel! 

• Like 1

KyBlue

Small update

20141114_193228_zpsopg53znk.jpg
20141114_193156_zps3mygts2d.jpg
20141114_193127_zpsxxhyyj0g.jpg
20141114_193110_zpspyuv5prz.jpg
20141114_193100_zps20dxgii9.jpg

Came out decent. Have found a couple small spots to fix, but nothing major. 

• Like 2

Molon_Labe

Great job Ky, keep at it!