Sign in to follow this  
curly

Charger V8

curly

Hey guys I just acquired and older Charger V8. Has installed a white 8 HP Briggs Motor which I am sure is not the correct engine--no deck and other items missing. Will other decks fit this series and if so about what would you suggest. I very much like this little tractor but it does need lots of work with some Ebaying. Your info appreciated.

Thanks

Curly

And yes TT Wheel Horses are addicting I now have 6 junkers LOL.

combatmp29r

Curly if the tank badge says Charger V8 and it has wood grain decals it should be a 1969 model 1-7841. Which would have come with a Kohler KV181s vertical shaft engine. It was only offered on the Commando V8 in 69 and 70 and the Charger V8 in 69. As far as the deck, the mounting set up is V series specific. The deck is a 36" rear discharger like any other, but the Side discharge is a left hand discharge not a right. You could take a standard 36" RD deck and drill the holes to mount the proper V series deck hanger. That style of deck mount was offered on the V7s, V8s, CG 7/8s, and the vertical shaft 73 no name 8hp 4 speed.

I can get you copies of the manuals for it if you get me your model number so we know for sure its a 69. The 70 was a Charger 8 model 1-7851 same tractor except the hood and engine. It came with a Tucky VH80.

69 Charger V8

1969ChargerV8frontright.jpg

Kohler KV181s

1969CommandoV8KohlerEngine.jpg

SD deck

tractor120-1.jpg

RD deck

tractor117-1.jpg

curly

Thanks Joel appears parts have been removed from mine for the deck support system as well.. Guess will just sit on it for a while and see what comes up in the future. Juat may find another that I can use the 2 for 1 to restore. Since the motor is not original I will wait and try find 1 that has more to it. I enjoyed the photos you sent and will save them for future reference.

Again Thank You for your help.

Curly