Bach-Ed

Throttle cable attachment brackets

Bach-Ed

Before I re-invent the wheel, I'll ask.  I'm putting a CH270 Kohler on my 857 to replace the trashed K engine.  It appears the throttle cable needs to enter at the right side rear of the engine, instead of at the front on the K.  I know there are a multitude of brackets that would make the job relatively simple.  BUT where would I find details and where to order them from.  If push comes to shove I'll fab something but I have a feeling a "factory" bracket would  be a lot less work and need less refining.

I know you all like photos so here are a couple.  The last one shows how I think the cable will eventually run, maybe?  Or will some kind of bell crank be the ticket?

Ed

post-13758-0-02285300-1414594376_thumb.j

post-13758-0-01479700-1414594425_thumb.j

post-13758-0-98927500-1414594461_thumb.j

km3h

I had that problem with a Briggs engine I installed in another brand of tractor. What I did was just mount it the way the engine dictated and now full throttle is in the idle position. Still runs good so to me it made no difference.

Bach-Ed

here is what I did.  I'll leave this as a reference for the future.  And I gave the bracket a coat of paint so it will look a little better on my new engine.  

post-13758-0-02586400-1414759873_thumb.j

km3h

Looks like a good solution to me. :greetings-clappingyellow:

AMC RULES

Yep, just like it's supposed to be that way.   :handgestures-thumbsup:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Rick Ferrucci
      By Rick Ferrucci
      I think I'll be able to mount some rear view mirrors onto my GT14 dashboard housing. I can  see that it's cast, but I don't know if it's steel or iron. Has anyone tried to drill into the the dash housing? Was it drillable? Thanks for help.
    • Mtndewlover
      By Mtndewlover
      Been a member for a long while but this is my first time posting. My Father has a 417-A and I believe C series (can't remember off the top of my head but it's from the early 80s) so needless to say they got me into wheel horses and I've wanted my own ever since... Fast forward 15 years later and my wife's late grandfather passed an old GT 1100 down to us. The poor thing sat in his front yard for atleast 8 years... Probably longer going off how old the zeroturn he got to replace it was 👎. Finally got around to messing with it and so far we have spark! Looks like he replaced the throttle cable with an aftermarket unit, the cable is too long and hangs up when trying to choke, my local toro dealer said it's no longer available but did give me the part #109132 I've found one website that offers it but says it's "on order" with no eta... Any suggestions? I'm also trying to find a carb kit, spraying some gogo juice in her got her going but there multiple places on the carb leaking... One of which is a bronze colored ball on the side!? Sorry for the long post and for those that stuck around thanks for reading! If you have any tips, tricks or suggestions that would be much appreciated! 

• Schmendrickthemagnificent
      By Schmendrickthemagnificent
      Thoughts and opinions on how to mount a Predator engine on a wheel horse 657, was kinda hoping the mounting bracket would work from the previous engine which apparently looks like a Tecumseh h50 with a Craftsman part number so who knows where it came from... so do I just buy a universal plate from amazon or ebay and drill some holes, find some metal and make one, dunno if anyone has bothered to go thru this already and had a good suggestion or anything I should know about... Thx
    • Mithral
      By Mithral
      Seeking guidance for tuning a CH18S Kohler Command (1995), as replacement for a 16hp Onan (1990). 

This Kohler doesn't have the torque-grunt of this Onan, but it works, and is my available option. 

So, how best to tune the Kohler for this application?

1. I believe Onan and Kohler high RPM setting are both 3600?

2. Would it hurt the Kohler to boost that RPM to 3700-3800?   Would it really help any?

3. Would it hurt the Hydro Transmission to go over 3600rpm?

4.  I guess I could go find a slightly smaller Drive Pulley?  And what would then happen to the Trans if I can't get the proper RPMs to the Trans?

Now that I've figured out the mounting arrangements I can always swap in a bigger engine should I stumble upon a better option.

Given the difficulties of getting the Onan rebuilt now-a-days, I'm looking to go for a more modern engine with easier to find parts/service.  And I'm not inclined to do an engine rebuild myself.

Thanks,
      - L.

• Steiny
      By Steiny
      What can be done bout throttle cable sticking when it get below freezing