Firpo701

Preventive Care..."guys, take heed!"

stevasaurus

In our prayers Mate...good news on the nodes.  :)

KyBlue

In my thoughts and prayers!!  Hoping that is indeed good news ...

AMC RULES

:eusa-clap:   GO Firpo GO!   :text-woo:

KyBill

Excellent new Firpo.

All of the positive waves must be working...

Firpo701

Hello all! Figured I'd give everyone an update on what's going on. I officially have an appointment for my medi port installation, and, my first round of chemo. I have to be in Columbus at 9 a.m. on the 23rd. They are going to install a medi port, which, for those who don't know, "is kind of like a hydraulic line, on an HY-2, from the cylinder to the control valve." Haha! It's a semi permanent tube that is surgically implanted under the skin, that runs to a vein over the right shoulder blade. They can either put intravenious drugs through it, or, take blood from it, which keeps them from poking and prodding around for a vein in the arm everytime they need to do so. I then go back on the 29th for them to start the chemotherapy. They are going to run a needle from the port to a pump, that has the chemo medicine in it, and I will have to go back every two weeks to have the pump refilled, "kinda like an Argon bottle on a Miller T.I.G." :banana-tux:

I'm glad I finally know when these appointments are. I hate that they are around the holidays though. Guys, it's been a trying time for me and the Mrs, and ,my mother, who is having her medi port removed the day mine is to be put in. She's battling lung and liver cancer. Has been very rough mentally and finacially for us. I don't want to, but I may have to sell off my 953 and 310 in order to make it through the chemo treatments. :sad:  Fuel, lodging, and food can really add up quick! Yeesh! I do hope that isn't the case though.

Anyway.....that's the latest update. I'm very glad to have all of you on Redsquare for support! That means more than you all know! Good friends are few and far between, and I consider everyone here, "good friends!"

Will keep you all posted.....Dom...

19richie66

Went through this with a friend of mine a couple years ago. Yes it is a trying time. Keep up your spirits and try to stay busy as physically possible. Keep the faith and we'll keep up the prayers. I wish you the best Dom. From my family to yours, I hope through all this you have a Merry Christmas and hopefully a better new year. Take care, Richie

• Like 2

Geno

Thanks for the update Firpo, wishing the best for you and the misses.   :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 1

oldlineman

I don't know you Firpo but hope and pray that you come through this with more faith and love. My wife went through breast cancer 5 years ago and she is now cancer free, keep up the good spirits and remember there IS a greater one in you than is in the world. Prayers and good wishes for you and yours.  Bob

• Like 1

rick

Praying for you!

Ed Kennell

Thanks for the update...Sounds like you have the spirit to beat this.

Prayers and Best Wishes are coming your way.

stevasaurus

Dom...I hope and pray the best for you during these difficult times.  It sounds like you have a great attitude going into this...that is half the battle.  Best of luck Mate.  :)

Firpo701

Thanks guys! They put the medi port in today around 1:30. They used quite a bit of morphine for the sedation. The Mrs. drove us back to our hotel around 6 and I was out....til now that is! All that morphine wore off! Feels like someone crammed a 1/4" fuel hose down my right jugular vein! On the tylenol now, and on Redsquare! :greetings-waveyellow: That always makes me feel a little better! Leaving in the morning to go home. Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas! :happy-bouncyyellow:  Will keep everyone posted.   Dom....

• Like 1

Geno

Good to see you back Firpo, we missed you.  :)

• Like 1

KyBill

Hang in there Firpo.

Have a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.

• Like 1

AMC RULES

While you got it in there, might try running a shot of STA-BIL, or Seafoam though that new port Dom.

Really does a great job keepin' them ol'   :wh: pipes clean.  :ychain:      

Merry Christmas, hope you're feeling better...God speed on your recovery buddy.   :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 1

Firpo701

While you got it in there, might try running a shot of STA-BIL, or Seafoam though that new port Dom.

Really does a great job keepin' them ol'   :wh: pipes clean.  :ychain:      

Merry Christmas, hope you're feeling better...God speed on your recovery buddy.   :handgestures-thumbsup:

I asked if they were going to put a sediment bowl on it, but they kind of looked at me funny! :confusion-confused:

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:eusa-doh:      :hilarious:      :eusa-clap:

I asked if they were going to put a sediment bowl on it, but they kind of looked at me funny! :confusion-confused:

JimD

Merry Christmas to you and your family Dom. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

• Like 1

Firpo701

Good Morning all! Well, After a 9 hour visit at the James Cancer Center, The first shot of chemo is complete. Was very glad to get that behind me. After the treatment, they hooked a medical pump up to my port, to administer one more bag of chemicals over a 46 hour period. I have to come back up tomorrow to have the pump removed. They are going to show me how to properly disconnect the pump so that next time I can remove it myself at home. That way, I don't have to make that extra trip every time. I only have to come back every two weeks for treatments and pump re-installation. The one side effect, that I didn't like, "so far", is extreme sensitivity to anything cold. I tried to sip a coke last night and it felt like swallowing liquid nitrogen, and that's no exaggeration! Yeesh! Guess I'll have a new found love for coffee! :) They told me I would feel very well for a few days, due to the steroids they gave me before they administered the chemo, and they weren't joking! I slept a like a "big ol' grizzly bear" last night, and feel better this morning than I have in two months! BUT, they said not to get used to it. :snooty: Now would be a good time to work on some :wh: parts! :handgestures-thumbsup:

Anyway....that's where we are now! Hope everyone has a Happy New Year!   Dom....

p.s.....AMC, they still didn't get the Seafoam reference! :laughing-rolling:

• Like 1

Geno

Thanks for the update, sounds like a good time for some :wh:  therapy.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Really good to hear the first session went well.  It is amazing what we can get done on the good pain free days. Keep up that great attitude.

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Great news Dom... :thanks:    :handgestures-thumbsup: 

good to hear you're feeling better. 

JimD

Glad to hear your good news Dom. :)

Firpo701

Oh my...what a day yesterday was! Woke up not feeling to up to par. Mom called around noon. Her cars battery was dead at the grocery store. Found my jumper cables and took care of that, then had to take her to the doctor. All the while I was starting to feel worse and worse. By the time I got home, I had a fever of 101.8. Spent all night in the ER. Turns out I had a urinary tract infection. They finally got the fever down, and put me on antibiotics. When it rains, it pours! Lol. :-)

Buzz

Hang in there Dom, you can only take it one day at a time. Just remember that old saying, " what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears, bears will kill you"  :ychain:

• Like 2